swedishcelt

good buy wines

I really like "Old Tire Wash."

It's brewed in North Dakota -- sure, they have a short growing season, but hey.

They sell the actual grapes to some company that makes jelly. They use the stems and roots left over to make the wine.

Mmm. Just savoring the aroma one thinks of motor oil and week-old clams, dockside.

It's unmatched, I tell ya...

B|

Ha! My boyfriend would love a dragon one.

For some reason he likes dragon stuff and I always laugh at him. Dragon paintings around the house, I could not handle. But a dragon wine decanter, that would be funny.

You mean like this one? I saw it and tried to buy it but was out bid.

When I was in Sonoma/Napa last fall, GFD recommended a vineyard named Toad Hollow. They have some excellent wines and the price is very reasonable. I personally like the "Erik the Red".:)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***I'm a Sonoma Cutrer fan...as well as Cakebread...but tonight I discovered Mark West Chardonnay from Sonoma Valley and it's really yummy for only $13.99/bottle.

I love Russian River wines. I prefer the Sonoma over Napa any day. It's a lot more laid back and there are a lot of small vineyards with good wines. Napa is too commercial for me and there are way too many tour buses.

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***I'm a Sonoma Cutrer fan...as well as Cakebread...but tonight I discovered Mark West Chardonnay from Sonoma Valley and it's really yummy for only $13.99/bottle.

I love Russian River wines. I prefer the Sonoma over Napa any day. It's a lot more laid back and there are a lot of small vineyards with good wines. Napa is too commercial for me and there are way too many tour buses.

Napa is for auto parts:D

The Muse - Mingle (red) and Genie (white)

$12.99.

You should be able to find them in Connecticut. Please drink generously and contribute to my (future) children's college fund. ;)

-S

Santa Rita Carmenere. It's a Chilean Red, just a nice, smooth drinking wine, should be about $7 or $8.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Anyone else have anymore excellent wine buy recommendations? :)

Try ‘CUVEE ALEXANDRE’ MERLOT - Hand picked grapes from non–irrigated 60 year old vines. It is very good!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

One thing to watch out for on decanters, some of the older ones are made from lead crystal, and the lead can leach out into the wine.

FYI

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

If you are looking for a exceptional Chianti, priced around $35 try Ruffino, Riserva Ducale Oro. I first tried this in an Italian restaurant (in Italy) and fell in love with this stuff. I found it in a Sams Club store for $35 and scooped up a case. This stuff can go for over $80 for an early 90's bottle. the 2000+ is just as good in IMO. Best of all, no hangover has ever been had by overindulging (not by me anyway).

Google "Ruffino" and check it out.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Ok, I bought some of your cheap-ass Tisdale today at Wal-Mart. It better be good. :P

I just noticed that I admitted to buying my wine at Wal Mart. I'm usually much more classy than that, I swear! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ok, I bought some of your cheap-ass Tisdale today at Wal-Mart. It better be good. :P

I just noticed that I admitted to buying my wine at Wal Mart. I'm usually much more classy than that, I swear! :ph34r:

I hope it was either the merlot or the cabernet cause I heard the others sucked. :D I can vouch for those two though. ;)

That reminds me of a song . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun