Scubadivemaster

TurboTax Sucks!

I finally finished my taxes, and the "Turbotax Electronic Filing System is experiencing an unusually high volume of . . ." WELL, NO SHIT! IT'S TAX DAY, ASSHOLE!

Now I've got to get dressed, sober up, and drive to the damned post office, because TurboTax thinks I should "try again between 4:00 am and 4:00 pm Pacific time", which I suspect the IRS really won't appreciate.

Next year, I let my buddy's pet monkey do my taxes. He can't fuck it up any worse than this.

Or here is a thought..... dont wait till the last day!!:P

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a winner!!!

Damn right!!! Now if I'd known I was gonna get some $1800 back from the IRS, I would have done my taxes in February, not two days ago! :S

But man, what a difference having a kid for a tax break makes! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wish I could change my withholding... I know how much my taxes are going to be for next year due to my college credits, but the minimum withholdings ends up with me giving the fawking IRS a 3k interest loan for the whole year.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I wish I could change my withholding... I know how much my taxes are going to be for next year due to my college credits, but the minimum withholdings ends up with me giving the fawking IRS a 3k interest loan for the whole year.

You should be able to change your withholding now if you want to. Just ask your company for a new W2 or something. I've done it before. This time claim zero exemptions. They'll take the maximum taxes out of your paycheck, and then you should get a good chunk of it back on your refund. Enough for a nice vacation, used car, or new rig. ;)

It's the easiest way to save money! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It is a horrible way to save money, lol. You could be earning 10% on that cash some where else!!

I want to give them less, not more.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

It is a horrible way to save money, lol. You could be earning 10% on that cash some where else!!

I want to give them less, not more.

Well yeah, duh... but its a great way to save if you are incapable of saving it yourself, like socking $50 a month or more away in a savings account or money market account. Many people just spend all their money each month.

I finally finished my taxes, and the "Turbotax Electronic Filing System is experiencing an unusually high volume of . . ." WELL, NO SHIT! IT'S TAX DAY, ASSHOLE!

Now I've got to get dressed, sober up, and drive to the damned post office, because TurboTax thinks I should "try again between 4:00 am and 4:00 pm Pacific time", which I suspect the IRS really won't appreciate.

Next year, I let my buddy's pet monkey do my taxes. He can't fuck it up any worse than this.

Didn't you watch the CNN program that warned against using them? Haven't they been repeatedly security compromised this year, people's private info. open for many to look at and access etc... :| And what about the past spam scandal... http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130549-c,financialtaxsoftware/article.html I mean, okay, they supposedly fixed it but I sure as hell didn't use it...

Thanks, Smartass! ;) (Dear Moderator, this is not a personal attack. Anyone with "demon" in their name is my brother. I'm already sorry. Please don't ban me.) I owe over 5 grand, and wanted to wait until I could pay it. Non-Sufficient funds is another one of those things the IRS loves!

5K? Can't you put that on your credit card?:):P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Skip Turbo Tax and find a good accountant. They'll be a little more "agressive" with the deductions, and with the latest e-filing options, I had my return in a little over a week, from both the state and the feds, no extra charge. If I did my taxes myself w/ T-tax. I would have owed some tall cash. As it stands, I got good $$ back, even after paying the preparer. The accountant work with myself and my ex, and got us both the best return than if we did it separately or with any software. Well worth the fee, which wasn't much more that the price of the software.

Easy Does It

Or here is a thought..... dont wait till the last day!!:P

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a winner!!!

Sorry got to agree with these guys....

I did my taxes couple months ago :P

Edited...and you can tell them WHEN to take the $$ out.

I owed state $25...and scheduled that for the 16th of april. But yet filed back in Feb ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I owed state $25...and scheduled that for the 16th of april. But yet filed back in Feb ;)

ding ding ding... I owed the federal govt money (a massive $2)regardless I filed back in Feburary but didn't pay the IRS until Monday.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I kept hoping I would think of some other huge deduction that I had just overlooked. Maybe I could name my rigs and declare them dependents. Or put all of my Skydiving under "Medical Expenses: Psychotherapy" . In the end, I decided I had better just pay.

Do you work skydiving at all? I write off all my jumping expenses as part of my BASE instruction business. It's easier for me because in net I actually do make money, but I know a lot of people who write off part of their jumping expenses that way.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I will this year, but 2006 was my first year, and I have just started getting ratings where I can actually make a little money and declare it a legitimate business. Unfortunately, AFF and 150 jumps and 2 rigs each for me and my wife added up really quick during year one. Ah well, money well spent. (But there went my money for a BASE rig and a week in TF). [:/]