ACMESkydiver

Best Nausea Cures??

Horrible nausea and vomiting...somebody give me some ideas. I MUST be well by Saturday or my marvelous plans will all go to pot. >:(

I can't even hold down water. :( Damn virus. Got my baby boys and now it's got me...

Ideas? I tried drinking tea and puked that and a whole bunch of that disgusting yellow bile. That was awesome. :|

I just threw up in my mouth whilest typing...I am afraid to lay down. I think I'll wake up puking again.

Thoughts?! Help help help...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Raw ginger is supposed to do the trick.

Mythbusters tried this and it actually beat out dramamine for motion sickness in their experiments.

So try raw ginger root, the kind you get with sushi.

Eat a bit and sucking on a bit.

I MUST be well by Saturday or my marvelous plans will all go to pot. >:(

Your plans for Saturday are screwed. The stress of anticipating that Saturday is screwed is probably making you worse. So stop stressing, admit to yourself that you're screwed, settle into being sick, relax and get better.

Start phoning people to tell them you can't be there. You'll be pissed off but less stressed, and you're probably already pissed off ;)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

*some one* once told me a couple bong hits would do the trick, too.:D

That's right...she answered her own question - go to pot!

Even if it doesn't cure the nausea, it will force her to get some munchies into her belly.
:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both together...

put the lime in the coconut, den you feel better....

put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em all up...

put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.....

(or use ginger) :)

I like the way you think. B|

Oh, and someone mentioned the ginger you get with sushi, well thats not raw ginger, thats pickled ginger. Get the root, any grocery store will have it in stock. :)
Im pretty sure there are some supplements of ginger too, I wonder if that would work?
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Are you sure it is just a virus? Or is it food poisoning? I think there is not too much you really can do. Probably resting and not moving around too much, try to stay asleep. The best relief thing is not to fight it, if you feel you are going to lose it, let it go. You will feel better afterwards. Even if you have to camp out in the bathroom.

I have had gallbladder attacks and it is miserable. One thing that did soothe me was a bath. Or, a heating pad on my belly. But if you have a virus thing, it may not be the same kind of relief.

Last, make sure you dont get dehydrated. At least small sips of water. Or, even better Gatorade. You need to keep your electrolytes balanced.

Feel better! :)

Doctor - anti nausea injection - depends how long it has been going on.

If I'm still queasy tomorrow morning, I'll go in and get a shot. I am getting an Rx for an anti-nausea med, thanks to a friend. :)

Ginger beer or something with ginger in it.

Hope you feel better...

I LOVE ginger, so I'll give that a shot, too. -and thanks.
~Jaye

*some one* once told me a couple bong hits would do the trick, too.:D

That's right...she answered her own question - go to pot!

Even if it doesn't cure the nausea, it will force her to get some munchies into her belly.
:D

I don't do 'recreational drugs', but thanks anyhoo...:ph34r:
~Jaye

Raw ginger is supposed to do the trick.

Mythbusters tried this and it actually beat out dramamine for motion sickness in their experiments.

So try raw ginger root, the kind you get with sushi.

Eat a bit and sucking on a bit.

crystallized ginger works just as good too, and more enjoyable. We still have a spice jar of it left over from my wife's pregnancy days. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you sure it is just a virus? Or is it food poisoning? I think there is not too much you really can do. Probably resting and not moving around too much, try to stay asleep. The best relief thing is not to fight it, if you feel you are going to lose it, let it go. You will feel better afterwards. Even if you have to camp out in the bathroom.

It's a virus...little Joey and Derick have it, too. :( As a matter of fact, Derick just threw up all over me about an hour ago. [:/] Dang if I could just take all of their sickness and keep it in me it would be easier. :S Now I have to figure out how to quarantine 3 of us with 75 people here...>:(
~Jaye

Start phoning people to tell them you can't be there. You'll be pissed off but less stressed, and you're probably already pissed off ;)

Oh HELL no! I have hundreds of dollars into this dang party already -6 foot sub catered, 2 cakes that feed 100 people, TONS of decorations, my family are on their way up right now from Long Beach...this DAMN VIDEO that has been killing me for weeks will be finished tonight and burned onto DVD for the party...trip to NY...yeah, no chance in hell of cancelling. :D

I might spend some of it hiding out upstairs, and I'll be wearing gloves...but I am not calling off this shin-dig. It's been 15 years in the making. :P
~Jaye

I might spend some of it hiding out upstairs, and I'll be wearing gloves...but I am not calling off this shin-dig. It's been 15 years in the making. :P

At the very least, I hope you can enlist someone or a couple people to take over the heavy lifting of keeping things running smoothly so that you *can* duck in and out as necessary. Wish I could be there to help out. Hoping you feel more human tomorrow.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

At the very least, I hope you can enlist someone or a couple people to take over the heavy lifting of keeping things running smoothly so that you *can* duck in and out as necessary. Wish I could be there to help out. Hoping you feel more human tomorrow.

My mommy and sister will be doing most of the work, and I'm going to stay upstairs most of the time (EXCEPT when the video is on...I have to watch that! :)
It'll be ok...thanky!
~Jaye

I hate meds... I don't ever take anything. I get stitches without numbing it, no pain killers after getting hit in the face with a hockey puck (and the hip, shin, elbow, foot, etc... no I'm not a goalie... right now)

I just let it run it's course... probably always will
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.