JENNR8R

What's Your Favorite Car?

Ragtop Volkswagen Kharman Ghia.

My best friend's Dad had one of those. He kept it in a garage, and only took it out occasionally. He let me ride in it once. I got the impression that it was a Holy experience.

I didn't know it was made by Volkswagen. It makes sense though. They owned one of the Volkswagen buses too. Not a lot of get up a go in that thing. :D

Another fun car I remember was another friend's Dad's Checker. It had a large back seat area with a couple of foldup seats in front of the back seat bench. We always fought over who got to sit there. Apparently, the car was made to be a taxi. I have no idea why he owned one. It wasn't painted like a cab.

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Historically "interesting" but from what I understand, not all that great of a ride for the $1,000,000 you'd end up paying for it!

Who cares agbout the $$$? It's the opportunity to own an american icon. What is really interesting is that there are none on the market, none that are worth .02 USD. This was Corvettes debut year. And people whom have restored them aren't getting off of them. I saw ONE a few months ago on Barrett-Jackson go for 1.5 million.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I have a few

I would punch a baby for a Subaru Impreza 22B. Only a small handful were made, and they're absolutely badass.

The SW20 Toyota MR2

Porsche 996 Turbo

Volkswagen Type 181

Ferrari F355

Lamborghini Murcielago
cavete terrae.

Always :D:D:D

Seriously its the least compromised supercar ever built - makes everything else in this thread look a bit weedy! They are three seater - the driver sits in the middle, and the two passengers sit back and to either side for perfect weight balance and driving position.
(And yes, they were very cool in black ;))
Never try to eat more than you can lift

...and the two passengers sit back and to either side for perfect weight balance and driving position.

Ahh, so you'd need two hot women of about equal weight to ride with you at all times? :D

ones? -- Monday.

anything with only two seats or maybe just one seat : )

My little Honda only has two seats. And, I can take her top off to make her a convertible. ;):)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Ferrari. Someday I'd love to own one. Thought about getting a 1980's 328 series at one point. :|

I rode in a Ferrari several years ago. I wasn't all that impressed, as it looked too simplistic. Maybe I was expecting to be wowed with gadgets and a kick-ass dash, but it was actually pretty simple looking. The guy wouldn't kick it up on the highway either. Nuts... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The first week I had my drivers license I hit a red Mustang. I've hated them ever since...

Guess I found out who paid to get revenge now....[:/]

My baby's last day....B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

It wasn't me. [:/]

I hit the right front fender of the Mustang in 1967. I haven't made a Mustang Voodoo Doll to enact my revenge. I just wouldn't own one.

So sorry for your loss...
ones? -- Monday.

But you got a new one, right? I could have sworn you've posted pics of it.

I didn't like the 2004 Mustang (mine was a 1998 and previous body style), so I didn't buy it. I actually had a blast test driving various cars (I wrote a thread about -that-) and wound up buying a 2004 Eclipse GTS. Red of course.

Now the -new- '06 Mustang GT....(or better yet the 500) is definitely my cup of tea. B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Maxwell Smarts Ghia was the export model and better looking than the european model. The other car he screeched to a stop was a Sunbeam Rapier It had a260inch V-8 from a small Ford Fairlane in 1962.It was the first Ford with stamped steel rocker arms . It eventually was the second primary engineof the Mustang behind the inline-6 The engine eventually grew to be the 289 with four barrel.The unique thing about the one Maxwell had was the fact you had to take out the floor pan to change the last two spark plugs.So much for throwing in a new set for something to do.I regards to the 57 chevy I drove one in 1958 my sister had. It was with the standard brakesthat would fade so bad you had to arm wrestle the steering wheel to come to a straight stop. Panic stops would put you in the next lane or into a parked car. Any one out today has already had a disc conversion to it. Does anyone know what was totally unique to the1955 T-Bird. It was the only 6Volt one made .As far as the 1953 Corvette it was only a truck engine on a truck frame thus the open drive shaft and king pin front suspension with three side draft carbs. The fiberglass body was inspired by the World War Two technology as was the Kaiser Darrin.I loved my 85 neon with 41.5 miles per gallon ,498.6 cruise range right up until I fell asleep on a centerline barrier with it.165000 miles on it