ACMESkydiver

What Was That INCREDIBLE Toy You Just HAD to Have as a Kid?!

This thread is cracking me up! Remember the Jet-Ex engine? It was a solid fuel rocket engine for model airplanes. The thing was able to be refuled with fuel pellets. I burned the fuck outta my finger on one at age 8 or so. They were fuled with Guanadine something-or-other.

http://jetex.org/motors/motors.html

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

This thread is cracking me up! Remember the Jet-Ex engine? It was a solid fuel rocket engine for model airplanes. The thing was able to be refuled with fuel pellets. I burned the fuck outta my finger on one at age 8 or so. They were fuled with Guanadine something-or-other.

http://jetex.org/motors/motors.html

DANG!!

Mommy would NEVER have let me play with something like that! :o:o:o Your parents must have trusted you. :ph34r:

Which is why I nearly blew the hearing out of my right ear with firecrackers. That'll teach her! :D:S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Well, I'm obviously older than you, because I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven too....but I don't think Holly Hobby was invented back then. B|

And no....I never got one either. Hell, since it's only only me that I cook for 99% of the time, I could probably still use one! ;)

I didn't get a pony either. But I DO have hopes of getting one of those sometime before I die. (Goes searching for honey...."Oh honey....will you buy me a pony?) :)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Well, I'm obviously older than you, because I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven too....but I don't think Holly Hobby was invented back then. B|

And no....I never got one either. Hell, since it's only only me that I cook for 99% of the time, I could probably still use one! ;)

I didn't get a pony either. But I DO have hopes of getting one of those sometime before I die. (Goes searching for honey...."Oh honey....will you buy me a pony?) :)

That's what it was I destroyed...the Easy Bake Oven. Not the Holly Hobby. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

well, I'm kind of big to be playing with a Barbie town house at this stage in my life. I was hoping that one of my girls would like one but I couldn't convince them they wanted one. :S

Uh, yeah....and your point is? :| The FIRST thing I bought for my daughter for Christmas when she was old enough was -you guessed it-Sea Monkeys. yeah she stirred 'em up, sat them on a shelf, and dehydrated them to death. :D

Yes, but see, the difference is the sea monkey toy cost $8. The Barbie town house cost $100+. Not a good thing to buy if your kid doesn't want it. :| Plus the sea monkey toy takes up about 3 inches of space on the shelf. The Barbie town house takes up about 4 square feet of floor space. Again, not a good toy to have taking up that much room that no one wants. (except me) {{sigh}}

Oh Valinda . I think it's one of those weird psychological things...if you don't ever own one, you just won't feel like your life is complete!! That's why I bought the Sea Monkeys and the Oven and whatever the hell else I've gotten over the years! :P Actually, I was really hoping my kids would like the stuff I did...and in some cases, they did. Other times...oh well. i got to be a kid again for a short moment. :)

$100?! That's CHEAP!! Tell John it's WAY cheaper than psycho therapy to heal that childhood wound of never having one!! :D:D:D:D

Awe, see it's not over yet. I have 4 kids! Odds are, one of them will produce a girl (hopefully) child that likes Barbie town house! I may just get it yet! I can wait. I'm very patient. I'll be a little old grandma down on the floor with a 5 year old playing with the Barbie town house and a big smile on my face. I will! Just wait!

psycho therapy huh? :S

Honey...Yoshi eats *CACTUS*, fer heaven's sake...

Yeah...but he was your horse, once upon a time. That means he's weird! :P
Nina

A bit off topic, but do you remember "Red Eye"? It was a ball kinda thing with stiff protruberances, one of which was red. The idea was to catch it by the red one. It turned out to be a an eye-poker-outer.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Nope..don't remember that.

But we had this game called "Big Thumb." One person put on a plastic thumb and tried to steal tiddly winks or something off of the board. The rest of us had plastic hammers to prevent the thumb from stealing the tiddly winks. Needless to say, we were a bit forceful with our hammers. :)B|

Nina

I've got a standing offer of a new truck in exchange for a pony. Since the truck I want costs over $35,000, it would appear to be a great trade for me. Somehow though, I keep putting it off while trying to figure out just how big the litter box will have to be and where it'll fit. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

while trying to figure out just how big the litter box will have to be and where it'll fit.

:o Litter box???
Nina

while trying to figure out just how big the litter box will have to be and where it'll fit.

:o Litter box???

You think a pony can be taught to ring a bell by the door when it needs to go outside? :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)