guppie01

Should I????

My company has a job posting that I'd be a PERFECT candidate for. The job is in Melbourne, Australia.

Ironically last night I was just talking about finding a means to migrate to New Zealand (I know not the same - but closer for me to make it happen).

We all know that the best place for advise and guidance is DZ.com....

so...

Should I apply for the position??? :)
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

My company has a job posting that I'd be a PERFECT candidate for. The job is in Melbourne, Australia.

Ironically last night I was just talking about finding a means to migrate to New Zealand (I know not the same - but closer for me to make it happen).

so...

g

Do it....you'll regret later in life not doing it!
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

so...

g

Ding!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well my totally selfish answer is NO!!!

You can always come visit me. B|

It's more of a dream anyway.... even though I could do the job with the eyes closed, it's not a management position, and my company typically will not consider overseas relo below management - especially with the cost of Visa.

Per the Australian rules, my company (here in the states) would have to fire me, and the office in Melbourne would have to hire me - So I wouldn't be under expat status.

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

You can't leave, all the plants are gonna die.

:P

John Winger: C'mon, it's Melbourne. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Melbourne. It's like we're going into *Wisconsin*.
Russell Ziskey: Well I got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

so...

g

Ding!

DING DING...

Go for it, you only live life once and if your in a position to do something like that, by all means, do it and don't look back. If it doesn't work out, you'll have peace knowing at least you tried, if you don't go 50 years from now, you'll still be wondering "what if"...:)

You could move to Galveston,TX., it's about the same as Melbourne. ;)

By the way, gas is about $4.50USD a gallon in Austrailia.B|

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

g

HELL NO:|

Well if that's not motivation to apply..... I'm ALL over it!!!! :P

g
OMG, is she okay?

You should go, but can we shack up first?

I don't think my sweetie is very good at sharing!!! You wanna ask him first???

g
OMG, is she okay?

g

g
:D:D:D:DYou do know that Melbourne is a cold wet and miserable place.. You will fit right in:D:D

Apply, for the job, as you said you probably wont get it, or if you do they will make oyu pay relocation costs. But it does do 2 other things, it gives you experience is applying for managment positions and it also sends a message to your company that you are looking to progress with them. both are good outcomes regardless of whether or not you get the position
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

g

g
:D:D:D:DYou do know that Melbourne is a cold wet and miserable place.. You will fit right in:D:D

Apply, for the job, as you said you probably wont get it, or if you do they will make oyu pay relocation costs. But it does do 2 other things, it gives you experience is applying for management positions and it also sends a message to your company that you are looking to progress with them. both are good outcomes regardless of whether or not you get the position

If she 'quits'...won't she lose seniority & bennies etc?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~