JohnRich

New Olympic Logo

News:
London chiefs defend controversial Olympic logo

Organisers of the 2012 London Olympics on Tuesday defended its newly-unveiled logo following widespread public criticism that it was "hideous" and a waste of money.

The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, was unveiled on Monday by the London 2012 organising committee.

"Our emblem needs to be modern, bold, flexible and as relevant today as in five years' time. We want our Games to be different. We are hosting them in a different era, in 2012. The emblem needs to work across new platforms that reach young people."
Source: BreitBart.com

New logo image, attached.

Personally, I dont like it. It does nothing to promote London or the games. The consulting company is said to have earned £400k for it too.
It would have been cheaper to have put it out to a kiddies competition.

It gets a pretty good pounding on the BBC Have-Your-Say web site too clicky

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Personally, I dont like it. It does nothing to promote London or the games. The consulting company is said to have earned £400k for it too.
It would have been cheaper to have put it out to a kiddies competition.

It gets a pretty good pounding on the BBC Have-Your-Say web site too clicky

As a piece of design - I have seen better works of art inside a toilet bowl.

This pretty much sums it up. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How can you not like the Olympics? :o

That logo, on the other hand . . . YUCK.

Well, Im not a big fan of TV, nor am I a big sports fan. ESPECIALLY sports on TV. Plus with the commercialization of the Olympics its just another damn way for companies to force their adverts down your throat.[:/]

its just not exciting. Skydiving? THATS EXCITING! B|
Im just wierd like that.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, was unveiled on Monday by the London 2012 organising committee.

"Our emblem needs to be modern, bold, flexible and as relevant today as in five years' time. We want our Games to be different. We are hosting them in a different era, in 2012. The emblem needs to work across new platforms that reach young people."

They based the logo on the date 2012 and believe it will still be relevant in five years ... and don't get me started on people using descriptions like modern, bold, flexible, works across new platforms, and reaches young people. :S
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The weightlifters might not be, but Pole Vault is my new favourite sport.

what, are the gymnasts too tight for you? :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It looks like the guy on the left is headbutting the guy on the right, and the guy on the right's head is falling off.

The first thing I thought of was the guy on the right was butt-fucking the person on the left. It looks like the person on the right has the person on the left bent over and they're going at it.

I like it! ;);)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Our logo was controversial also (Vancouver B.C. Winter Olympics 2010)

Reviewing 1,600 entries from across Canada, the international panel of nine judges chose the design by Vancouverite MacGregor -- who was rewarded with $25,000, two tickets to the opening ceremonies of the Games and the first two pins based on the design.

I didn't like it at first but atleast there is discription of what it represents........and it reaches young children with arms wide open for a hug.....

The Inukshuk is a beacon, a welcome sight.
It says, 'I've been here before; you're on the right path.'

The Inukshuk (pronounced IN-OOK-SHOOK) meaning "in the image of man", are magnificent lifelike figures of stone which were erected by the Inuit people and are unique to the Canadian Arctic.

Standing along Canada's most northern shores, they endure as eternal symbols of leadership, encouraging the importance of friendship and reminding us of our dependence upon one another.

To build an Inukshuk you must find the perfect balance for each rock. No one rock is more important than another, and each creation is unique.

These massive rock figures are 7-12 feet high so they could be seen from great distances. Many Inuit who may have lost their way were thankful to see these manlike figures, with arms stretched wide as if to welcome them home.

SMiles;)

It doesn't surprise me that there would be such lame designs that would be proposed.

What is a bit disturbing is that there must have been a large committee of people that are probably highly paid professionals. I can see them now, patting themselves on the back for their mod/cutting edge design that they had the wisdom to make the winner, "I say, this one is simply smashing!"

:D

Perhaps they'll have the good sense to admit their mistake and try again. That would bruise some egos, so it would have to be forced upon them by someone (higher authority) not involved in the original logo approval.

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am