airtwardo

Paris gets justice after all.

Dear god, judging by her reaction in the court room do you think she might have taken it on board that she can't do what she likes and when she breaks the law there will be consequences!? Surely not.

I hope she learns something from it all.

Good on the legal people for getting her back inside to serve her term

No!! No!! NO!!!

Greenhouse gasses caused by GWB caused Global Warming which in turn made Paris VERY Thirsty. So she was forced to drive to get a burger after drinking a frosty cold one setting this whole circus in motion.

You really ARE gonna be the Grand Pubha! :oB|;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If she were any other person, she'd have been released because of overcrowding and nobody would have said a word. In LA County, it's pretty rare for a non-violent offender to serve their whole sentence, because the jails are too crowded and the costs too high. LA County jails are already drastically underfunded. I wonder how much more it is costing them to house a celebrity prisoner?

I've seen many defendants who've violated probation for reckless driving simply get the probation revoked and reinstated with a fine and no jail time. The punishment she was given seemed to be overly harsh because the judge didn't like who she was.

I don't like Paris. Honestly, I think she's a snotty little bitch. But that doesn't mean she should be treated worse than others, just because she has money.

[Napoleon Dynamite] Sweeeeet [/ND]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't like Paris. Honestly, I think she's a snotty little bitch. But that doesn't mean she should be treated worse than others, just because she has money.

I think that this is part of the issue. True, plenty of non-violent offenders get released early. But I can see some policy reasons for allowing it.

If I were to be put in the can for 30 days, I'd be ruined. My family would be ruined. There's a good chance we'd lose the house and my business from it.

Let's take a look at Joe Schmoe scheduled for house arrest. Then look at Paris Hilton on house arrest. There are some pretty important differences that are associated with it.

TO have Paris Hilton be forced to remain in a multi-thousands square foot house versus a 1,200 square foot house? That's not punishment.

I don't believe she should be serving the full 45 days. Frankly, I reckon she'll have learned her lesson after a week in the can.

But let's think about punishment for her:
1) House arrest? No. That's not punishment with her house.
2) A hefty fine? $10k doesn't mean shit to her.
3) 2 or 3 weeks in jail? Yeah. That'll be punishment for her. It's something that will stick.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

[Napoleon Dynamite] Sweeeeet [/ND]

Off the record, I think, she was let go because of symptoms from Herpes. But hell, if she needs her meds for that, she can get them from the jail clinic. Serve the time, bitch. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Bottom line, fining her isn't going to change her ways as she has shit loads of money. Disrupting her lifestyle and throwing her in jail may. Different penalties does not neccesarily mean they are unfair

Well, she could have been forced into house arrest at a homeless shelter. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

But shes got away with it before. I think she should be made an example of

She should be treated like any other defendant in the same circumstances. "Making an example of someone" isn't justice.

ahhh but the original agreement was that she could not serve her sentence in house detention. It is not her fault that is where they sent her, and so really the judge is saying sorry guys you didn't follow the original agreement so she goes back.
I wouldn't be surprised if she gets out again, but is sent to some other state facility instead of jail.

What a friggen drama queen. Darwin obviously missed this one. Well so far at least.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

If she were any other person, she'd have been released because of overcrowding and nobody would have said a word. In LA County, it's pretty rare for a non-violent offender to serve their whole sentence, because the jails are too crowded and the costs too high. LA County jails are already drastically underfunded. I wonder how much more it is costing them to house a celebrity prisoner?

I've seen many defendants who've violated probation for reckless driving simply get the probation revoked and reinstated with a fine and no jail time. The punishment she was given seemed to be overly harsh because the judge didn't like who she was.

I think being a celebrity is a double-edge sword. On one hand the knee-jerk reaction of authorities is to go easy on celebs. But then if the public gets the idea the celebs are being treated differently, the uproar can cause the authorities to swing the other way to make examples out of them, to show they can be just as hard on celebs as they are on nobodies.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Exactly.

Once the "inmate is turned over to the Sherriff, the sheriff has custody and can choose to release the inmate as he feels fit. The sheriff runs the jail.

Look to see a real Pissing match between the sheriffs office and the Court on this one. The court may not like it, But That is the system. This type of early release for a non-violent offender is not unusual at all and happens all the time.

I will bet one jump Ticket that says Paris is released again within 3 days. Her lawyers have a solid case and any objective judge will see that.

They are holding Paris to a different set of rules. Was this anyone else at all no one would have thought twice about the Sherriff releasing her early to serve out her sentence at Home instead of Jail where they do not have the recourses to deal with media attention.

Good god, 'Twardo! Didn't you learn from my mistake? Now you've gone and started another Paris thread that won't die until it hits triple-digit posting counts![:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A judge specifically denying electronic monitoring is not typical. Again, it seems like he's throwing everything at her because of who she is rather than what she did, and that's not a fair way to judge someone.

She's back in jail because at the original sentencing the judge decreed that she could not serve any of the time at home under house arrest, and then the sheriff let her go anyway.

A judge specifically denying electronic monitoring is not typical. Again, it seems like he's throwing everything at her because of who she is rather than what she did, and that's not a fair way to judge someone.

not typical because most people don't get confined to a mansion.

I believe his argument was that is really no punishment at all for her. Everyone except her believes that to be true. Now maybe jail is not the place for her, but there has to be somewhere they can send her that isn't a posh pad where she will at least be burdened enough to realize her wrong doing.

It's really a no win situation for anyone. To harsh on her it's not fair, to soft, it's not fair.

Someone has to step up and be the bad guy.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I think she'd probably learn more of a lesson assigned to cal-trans and actually made to work instead of sitting on her butt in her cell. Cal-trans in lieu of jail is also pretty standard, but apparently the judge refused to consider anything other than locking her up. That's not a sign of an impartial judge.