livendive

Suggestions for helping a skyride victim?

So I've got this gal who unfortunately fell for the skyride scam. Obviously, I won't be honoring it, but I would like to help her get a refund if possible, because those fucktards sold it to her without having a "participating" DZ within a few hundred miles. Any suggestions for fun and games while talking to them on her behalf? :)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It seems like when the television news ombudsmen get involved and Skyride gets bad press that refunds happen. At least thats what I've seen in the "What Can We Do About Skyride" thread.

Maybe there such a person at a TV station in your area.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

It seems like when the television news ombudsmen get involved and Skyride gets bad press that refunds happen. At least thats what I've seen in the "What Can We Do About Skyride" thread.

Maybe there such a person at a TV station in your area.

I think some news stations in Arizona did the same thing, but I'm not sure. Dave, that's probably your best bet. Get one of them involved to report on the problem.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I forgot to add that I'll be doing my small part to make sure people are educated properly about those goddamn assholes at Skyride.

I'm giving a presentation on skydiving at the state convention of the state association for the deaf this weekend, with a good portion of it geared toward deaf skydiving. Believe me, after that, nobody at my presentation is gonna want to go through Skyride's BULLSHIT. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skydive Greene County deals with skyride "skyrid" in a very different way then most DZO"s.

When they call to make a reservation, or show up at the DZ, we let them jump for FREE.

They will still owe us like $?????, to cover our expenses, if they get a refund.

Not all skyride skyrid certificates are honored in this way, because we realize that some skyride skyrid holders will try to scam us they way skyride skyrid scammed them. We use a multi check list to determine if we think they were scammed and how, and if they are scamming us. Our system works well

Their scam, if the jumper is trying to pull one will be sent packing almost 200 miles away.

Check cincinnatiskydiving.com, ohioskydiving.com, any other ohio drop zone listed that is not listed on DZ.com and they are all scams. Except for Greensburg, ind, and Canton Airsports in Ohio.

We are skydiveohio.com please don;t get confused.

We are legit as most the other Ohio DZ"s listed, except for the few listed above.

Go into Ky, or any other state. What a bunch of punks they are

What a bunch of f---tard they really are!

Oh, my bad, was that a personal attack?

Sorry:)

SGC
Xenia, Ohio

First off, Please make sure she reports them to the Georgia Office of Consumer affairs. I am fairly certian they have a Large file on Skyride already.

Also report them to the BBB (They already have an Unsatisfactory rating, But every little bit helps)

These guys are nothing more than conmen and theives in my opinion.

You could even go after them for Violations of Georgia Code - 10.1.372.
Read this post on that.

Hi Dave

Maybe contact BB at eloy and see whats up with their lawsuit[:/]

Skyflea has been doing this crap for how many years??

I know its a lot of money, some people can get very upset when they find out they've been robbed, scamed, fucked etc. But I wouldn't give the lady any unrealistic expectations. She's in for a long steep uphill battle.[:/]

Combining things, tell her to contact a local news affiliate (and you could enforce it by contacting them yourself), and if they take interest in her story, tell her (and them) that you feel so bad that you'll take her on a free tandem (with video of course) and will give the video to the news affilate so they see what Skyride is taking away from people. News affiliate reports that innocent person was taken advantage of by a big national scam, local club feels bad and fufills her life long dream. Suddenly people who have something to check off their life long goals list in your area feel the need to check out your club. Maybe one of them realize that they want to skydive the rest of their lives. Can't buy that type of advertisement!

maybe they just need the right Lawyer to step up and take on the case.;)

1. Even though I passed the bar, I'm not a lawyer (yet).
2. Even if I was, I have absolutely no experience with class actions, so I wouldn't feel competent taking on something like that on my own.
3. That said, I wouldn't mind donating some time to do some legal assistant/non-lawyer stuff if someone else wanted to take it on.

check this out A recent TV report of Skyride and their balloon operation

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2846349#2846349

IMO the bad PR by local stations is more effective than a class action suit.

We somehow became part of a class action suit for price fixing of DRAM. The class action suit is worth $650 million with the lawyers :)getting 25%.

We spent about $70 for our 1/2 gig of dram but somehow were part of the class action and might get back a couple of bucks if lucky:)

I'm guessing Skyride is a small fish in the world of class action lawsuits. And the lawyers:) are just to busy to going after the big fish to waste their time on skyride.

whats skyride?

i could search but theres a thread already

what are they scamming because apparently my local DZ likes skyride?

click on link above, kick back and start on pg one.

Beware of your local DZ.

what are they scamming because apparently my local DZ likes skyride?

Skyride is company owner by the same people that Own ASC (Atlanta Skydiving Center). They have 100`s of website for dropzones that do not really exist all over the country. (See Here for list of Fake Sites http://www.funjumper.com/skyride/). When people search for a local Skydiving center online, They usually get one of these sites. When they call the number on the webpage, the operators pretend to be the local Fake Dropzone and sell them a certificate for Tandems. After they buy the NON_REFUNDABLE ticket, They are then told where they can really use the certificate, Sometimes 100`s of miles away.

Example of a Skyride Call:
Victim: Is this Skydive Nebraska?
Skyride: Yes. Want to schedule a Tandem Skydive.
Victim: Sure. Where are you located?
Skyride: We dont give the location until we have a reservation.
Victim: OK. I want make a reservation at Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: OK. Gimme your CC Number for your Non-refundable deposit.
Victim: OK.. Here it is.. 123-123-123444
Skyride: OK. The nearest Dropzone to you is in Kentucky.
Victim: WHAT??? NO way. Forget that!! I thought this was Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: Im sorry sir.. Your certificate is non-refundable. Have a nice day.

To create all these fake websites, they have been known to steal copy written photos off other legitimate skydiving sites and sometimes even steal the entire template for a legitimate website.

Other things they have done include stealing the Phone number of a Dropzone in Tennessee after the DZO dies in a skydiving accident. Skyride called the Phone company pretending to be the Dead DZO and had all the call for that DZ rerouted to their offices. The DZO`s widow did not discover this till an event was scheduled and a regular jumper tried to call the 1-800 number. When they did they discovered they were talking to ASC/Skyride.

These guys are pure sleezeballs that will lie, cheat and steal. They have done tremendous damage to this sport. If your DZ thinks these things are OK, you might want to think about looking for a new DZ. The USPA has revoked their group membership because of these practices.

Easiest recourse is through her credit card company - scream bloody hell with them, showing the BBB and other reportrs of their fraud.

Almost always, the customer wins in these cases - I do not understand why more people do not do it.

Without a signature, the Skyride guys have only a very small leg to stand on.

TK

Go to the news. They just had the 3rd (that I have seen) news report on them here in ATL last night. This time it was for Ballooning gift certifcates. Either way, if I were her, I'd be screaming my ass off. They'd give me my money back just to get my psycho ass off their backs. I'd stand at their driveway and tell/show anyone that passed by (customer wise) what the rats asses did to me and dare them to do a damn thing about it (in front of channel 2 even) :). But that's just me and I have a mean streak 9 miles long and 6 miles wide once you make me mad, nor will I stop until I get what I want.

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."