Gawain

Cat Owners -- Is Our Cat Weird?

Of course the "normal" answer is yes, but my wife, who's had many cats over the years (I've had none) is astonished about how our cat, Tabi doesn't do so many cat-like things:

-- He only likes dry cat food
-- He doesn't really enjoy cat "treats"
-- He doesn't eat fish, doesn't get interested in chicken either
-- He doesn't jump up on the table or counter-tops, but he'll enjoy a good nap in a chair
-- He likes to play with string, but doesn't get into any hanging "toys"
-- Even the trash doesn't interest him

So, I'm not complaining at all. He's very well behaved, but I was curious if he's as unusual in behavior as Ayako mentioned (based on her experience with other cats), you know, the mischievous nature of cats and their curiosity. ;)

Here are some pics to help you complete the vision...:P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

some catnip should get him/her goin' :ph34r: Just check how much to give as to avoid health consequences

I totally forgot to mention that. He doesn't give a sh*t about cat-nip...swear to God. I figured a good session with cat-nip would unwind him, but... :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I saw the pictures and all, but......you sure it's a cat. It could easily be some kind of monster hiding under a well cradted suit. Or maybe it's an alien scoping us out :o

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

With the exception of the catnip, you're describing one of my cats perfectly. His brother is into everything, but Squeak (yes, that's his name) is really mellow and also picky about what he eats. The only things he does like are strings.

but Squeak (yes, that's his name) is really mellow and also picky about what he eats. The only things he does like are strings.

There's a theory about that...:D:D I'm more you button pusher than a string puller;):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

mine are a bit like that, only eating dry food and turning their noses up at treats. Cookie sometimes plays fetch, but only with one of his toys and Biscuit follows me around in the house and watches me on the loo if he gets the chance.

They both get stoned on catnip though.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

some catnip should get him/her goin' :ph34r: Just check how much to give as to avoid health consequences

I totally forgot to mention that. He doesn't give a sh*t about cat-nip...swear to God. I figured a good session with cat-nip would unwind him, but... :P

My cat wants nothing to do with cat-nip either. She does like her cat treats and tuna, but will eat her dry cat food with a plate of tuna sitting right next. \\

Her favorite toys are a pull-up cord and a gay Jeff Gordon matchbox car. But her attention span is slightly shorter than mine. so playing only lasts about 5 minutes.

This is my first cat too, so I'm learning all sorts of new things, like, they don't have routines, she is on a 18 or 30 hour day, not sure which, but it doesn't coincide with my day.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.