RkyMtnHigh

Ivory Bar Soap

When I talked back to my mom as a kid, she used to stick a bar of Ivory soap in my mouth as punishment. Even now, well into my adult years, I can't smell Ivory soap or think of it without a bitter taste in my mouth. It's amazing how long something like that sticks with you.:P:D

Has anyone else's parents discipline by putting soap in your mouth?

When I talked back to my mom as a kid, she used to stick a bar of Ivory soap in my mouth as punishment. Even now, well into my adult years, I can't smell Ivory soap or think of it without a bitter taste in my mouth. It's amazing how long something like that sticks with you.:P:D

Not me. But then again, I was creative enough to not get caught! :D:D
'Shell

I didn't talk back or say bad words but I loved telling stories....lol. My mom wasn't the one who used the soap, It was my grandma. I wished I had ivory soap cause I got the lye soap. It only took a few times of that and well I was cured from story telling.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

There you go, giving the moderators ideas again. [:/]
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Never had that done to my brothers or me. Our worst punishment was to get a lecture from my dad. We wished he would have hit us instead, it would have been far less painful. :|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Never had that done to my brothers or me. Our worst punishment was to get a lecture from my dad. We wished he would have hit us instead, it would have been far less painful. :|

same here...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yes, once...

I was maybe 8 years old, in response to a scolding by mom, I said "shucks". :S

Years later as a teenager, I got another scolding and called her "bitch", she got really mad, but didn't do anything else. :$ I think that was probably after I fought back against my dad and sprained his wrist.

All the corporal punishments and physical abuse stopped at that point and they had to use the "see it my way or else" method.... hey it worked! :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dish soap...I actually got addicted to it, they used it so much on me! ;)

I didn't know that you could render enough lard from a t-rex to make soap.

Sure ya can...don't get nearly as much as ya do from a skydiving aircraft parts rep. though!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I got whacked on the butt with a ping pong paddle. Soap would have been a lesser punishment!

ivory is only soap that will float on water..

That's why I take that brand camping with me. I often bathe in rivers, and that way when I drop the soap, it doesn't sink to the bottom and disappear. Although it may float away rapidly in the current... Do they make ivory soap on a rope?

Speaking of paddles, I went to a Catholic school and a nun beat me with a paddle with holes in it. All I did "wrong" was wear gym shorts under my uniform skirt because I was modest. I preferred soap over the paddle with holes ANY DAY.

Speaking of paddles, I went to a Catholic school and a nun beat me with a paddle with holes in it. All I did "wrong" was wear gym shorts under my uniform skirt because I was modest. I preferred soap over the paddle with holes ANY DAY.

Let me guess... you went to McGill-Toolen? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How would you possibly know that?:o Yes, but where the nun beat me with the paddle was at Christ the King, "across the bay".

How would you possibly know that?:o Yes, but where the nun beat me with the paddle was at Christ the King, "across the bay".

My cousins live down the road from McGill-Toolen H.S. but they all went to Murphy H.S.

So that school you went to is in Daphne or Fairhope?

Do they make ivory soap on a rope?

it wouldn't be hard to take a drill, make a hole in the middle of the bar, and tie a rope to it... :P

of course I always used campsuds because it is/was biodegradable...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...