TrophyHusband

should i have gone to the hospital?

I've seen too many people come into the ER with silly shit and don't want to be one of them, so I kinda go to the other end of the spectrum... and so it seems, do you.

i would love to say that's the case, but the truth is i'm just a huge pussy and the though of them poking and prodding it and cleaning it makes me squirm. since i have leftover narcotics and can get an antibiotic prescription without going to the er, i decided to not let anyone else touch it. besides, i haven't had the best luck with air force er's.

In my opinion (as an ER Doc) - you did good. Looks nice and clean, no bone exposed, nail not involved, and will heal nicely, but slowly. I tell my patients that their fingertip is the closest thing we have to a salamanders tail - they grow back. By the way, you probably saved yourself or your insurance company about $300 or more.

Ed

PS remember, opinions on this forum are worth what you pay for them B|
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

i had a little mishap with a chop saw last thursday. i decided that i didn't need to go to the er, but other people feel different. in my defense, i cleaned it out myself, my wife brought home antibiotics, and most importantly, i have extra pain meds laying around. i decided that the only thing an er was going to do was fuck with it, so i decided not to go. should i have gone to the hospital? would you have gone?

Screw the Drs. What are they gonna do?
-fuck with it
-clean it out
-antibiotics
-pain meds
-bill you $850

put a little alcohol on it...it'll be just fine.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Doc,
love your PS...think I will steal it for my new sig line....I am sure it will cost me in the end:P

Trophy,
Didn't look like there was anything to suture so they wouldn't have done a whole lot anyway except update the tetanus and bandage it up:)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

i did clean it our very well, i ran water over it for a long time. i was afraid to stop running water over it because i knew that when i stopped, i would have to do something. it took me about 10 minutes to find the balls to stop flushing it and bandage it.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i can't remember the last time i got a tetanus shot, but i probably should have at least gotten that.

Lock Jaw is a good thing isn't it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i cut 1/4" off the tip of my finger on a table saw, just missed the bone by a hair. it fully grew back and there is no difference now in the length than before it happend i did not go to the hospital. get a finger brace that you tape on and some gauze and a finger cot(looks like a condom) keep it clean and you will not have any problems
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

it wasn't the blade that cut me. i was cutting a piece of aluminum angle iron. the blade caught and ripped the angle iron from my hand, taking a chunk of flesh with it. i've cut a lot of aluminum that way without incident, and don't really know what happened, but i'll be cutting it by hand from now on.

www.kjandmegan.com

it was the next morning. i didn't think to take pics until after it was bandaged up and i wasn't going to unwrap it just for that. the pics were taken the next morning when i changed the bandage. i wish i could have gotten a pic right after i did it, it looked worse.

www.kjandmegan.com

Am I the only one here that was expecting another waxing incident?:D:D:D

No. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title and author. :S:D

Blues,
Dave

Scary ain't it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

betadine scrub at the very least?!!?B|:D

I think a 5 minute soak in fresh jalapeno juice would be more effective.

Blues,
Dave

I'm still going to go with a HCL soak/rinse.

DO NOT USE Hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to cleanse wounds. Bad bad bad. If you really want to fuck with it betedine or bacitration should be more than sufficient, although the tip of the finger is going to hurt like a mother fucker.
You should be at the point where all you really need is a nice triple antibiotic ointment. keep it covered. Don't let it dry out. You'll be good in a couple of weeks.

Next time don't cut your finger asshole
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

BAN HIM! BAN HIM! :D:D:D

I think he said it was an accident... something happened that wasn't supposed to happen.

I would say next time wear leather gloves. Might help a bit... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BAN HIM! BAN HIM! :D:D:D

I think he said it was an accident... something happened that wasn't supposed to happen.

I would say next time wear leather gloves. Might help a bit... :P

he said miss hap not accident :P

How about keep hand away from spinning metal wheel of doom!
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

dude, you're creeping me out. how did you know where i went?

I am a telepathic seer of all knowledge.

Actually, I read it off the paper on the desk behind your cut finger (photo attached).

Next time, I'd like your wife's phone number, please? ;)