McBeth

Has anyone ever ridden in a blimp?

I rode on it once, when it was stationed in Houston. A friend of mine worked for a company that Goodyear was trying to do business with, and it was one of those perks they used to curry favor with the desired customer.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How do you think I can get a ride on it?

http://www.goodyearblimp.com/faqs/faqs_flying.html

How can I get a ride on the Goodyear Blimp?

Rides on the Goodyear blimps are available at the invitation of the company only. Most of the lucky riders are Goodyear customers, winners of local charity auctions, local dignitaries, or members of the press.

How do you think I can get a ride on it?

http://www.goodyearblimp.com/faqs/faqs_flying.html

How can I get a ride on the Goodyear Blimp?

Rides on the Goodyear blimps are available at the invitation of the company only. Most of the lucky riders are Goodyear customers, winners of local charity auctions, local dignitaries, or members of the press.

Maybe I could use my boobies to win a ride.

It was pretty cool. We heard all about how they used to do stuff like tow water-skiiers in the 60's. I spent a fair portion of the time figuring out if it was jumpable (of course it was, but this WAS about 1980).

There's a constant quiet motor sound from the propeller or whatever, and the compartment was reasonably comfortable. Windows basically the whole top half of the passenger compartment.

We spent about 1/2 hour or a little more once we got to altitude cruising over north Houston.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I did. It was fun. The take off and landing are intense. The ride is very slow, but cool cuz you can check out everything - it's also a bit load.

Good fun.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Can you get to ride one again... and bring me along??? :)

I'll be hanging out with the Goodyear guys in a couple of weeks-you could flash me. It wouldn't get you a ride, but it'd improve my day:)

I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

That was back when I had my Toyota connections.... He's no longer aloud to speak to me. :D:D:D

g

can he speak to you quietly?

Nah, not at all.... ex-husband - physco crazy jealous new wife! :D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?