lawrocket

Why do you have sex? Study released gives 237 answers.

Here's the press release: http://www.utexas.edu/opa/news/2007/07/psychology31.html

The University of Texas at Austin has released a study on why people have sex. They said their answers revealed 237 different motivations for having sex were listed (apparently from either 1500 or 1900 people). They found four main categories of reasons, including:
1) Physical reasons, i.e., stress reduction, feel pleasure;
2) Goal based, i.e., wanted a promotion, or wanted to spread VD, have a kid or even cause a breakup;
3) Emotional reasons, i.e., love or sympathy; and
4) Insecurity, i.e, to get attention.

I started thinking about why I have sex. And it seems that I get all four reasons. I like the feeling and the connection, which reduces my stress and lets me forget about how physically unattractive I am.

Then I remembered I'm married, (which is why they surveyed undergraduate students.) And it seems that the purpose of sex is procreation - I'm two for two!

What are YOUR reasons?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My mom told me that masturbating would make me go blind, so I thought that I should be doing it with others (medical reasons). However, doing it with my g/f made my vision blurry, so I spoke to a doctor about it.

If I was part way in, things were a little blurry.
If I was all the way in to that spot she liked, I couldn't see a thing. I thought maybe it was psychological.

The doc says my tongue is too short.
;)

What are YOUR reasons?

Emotional closeness/intimacy, physical release, procreation. And the sex is different depending on which need is being met.

If it's a physical release (we're just horny) it can be fast and furious-sometimes slow and furious and depending on the mood, possibly kinky. Usually screams of " harder, harder!"

If it's closeness we crave (we're in love and want to be as close as two people can get) it's soft and slow and tender and staring into each others eyes with whispers of "I love you."

There's also the occasional quicky or a combo of the aforementioned physical release/closeness. Mentionings of "God, I love you , oh baby, don't stop."

If it's procreation... I can't put it into words. It's magical.

Marriage is great.:)