upndownshop

Colorado Sunset

So Im on my way to Sturgis for the chance to jump over bike week. Stopped in Colorado at a camp site with the RV. Just finished with steaks on the grill, and down goes the sun. Been on the road since April will return in November. Times like these is what keeps me on the road.

Thought I would share.

Welcome to Colorful Colorado! Enjoy the view!

Thank you

Spent last weekend at Mile Hi and got an hour at Skyventure!!:)
One of the coolest things was this 11 yo girl, she and her 8 yo brother have tens of thousands of dollars of tunnel time! The brother didnt get to fly (he was in trouble) so sis got his 3 hours for that week. 6 hours is what she did. There are not many that can fly like these two. The parents use the tunnel as an incentive, works like hell, these kids rock!

There was a 3 yo girl in there too, cute as ever. Damn goggles were bigger than her face!

Anyway, had a great time!
Thanks everyone!

You got to meet some great people! Fantastic instructors . . . and as for the 8- and 6-y.o., you're talking about tunnelmom's kids. They're definitely impressive. ;) We're really fortunate to have all of those people out here at both the tunnel and the dz. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

TPM Sister #102

2 sunrises......

Did anyone else notice that Tony's are the only ones in the air??
Well that makes sense, he spent more time there.:)Congrats and good luck Tony!!

Hey, makes me think, we might not be able to see you in the air as much, but my guess is we will get to see and hear you (drums) online..
Thats not such a bad loss after all.:)
Thanks Tony for all your years, history and experience.

Great photos!

J

PS. Tony, can I have one of the Limited Editions of your first semi retirement book?;)

A book, funny enough, I looked into doing that a couple of years ago. The best deal I could find was to self publish and it was going to cost about $15,000 for the first 100 books. Full color think paper is the only way to go and isn't cheap!! I'd love to do a book, but noone is interested in publishing it as skydiving is only reallly interesting to US (unless is spinning students or near bounces on television)
Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Yep, some of us are lucky to call CO "home".

Here's a shot I took at sunrise in Moab last year during the boogie, waiting for some BASE jumpers to launch off Tombstone. The sun was rising behind me and lighting up the canyon walls all around me. Pure unadulterated awesomeness! Can't wait to go again this year!

There's something about the smell of jet fuel, nylon, and adrenaline that gives me a huge boner.