ntacfreefly

ICARUS NEOS

I try and remember what the rep told me. It is a new canopy from Icarus that has the middle 5 cells semi-crossbraced. Now what he said is the the crossbracing is more of an arch and does not go clear to the top skin but only partial of the way up.
Kirk

There was at least 1 person jumping it during Extreme Week Norway, so it's in my video (that's still not ready yet, sue me, we had Nationals last week :P)

I saw two of the test canopies in the last year or two, the first was not so good but the 2nd one looked fine and the ones in Norway were production models.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hey Ian.

I was jumping with Wyat just last week, and both him and his fiance were jumping the Neos. How he described it was that it was similar to a x-braced (more of a Z brace if I remember correctly), but the big difference was that the stabilizers were incorporated into the bracing design. He stated that the design was even flatter across the top than the current crossbraces. Watching his fiance land (she was flying something like a 57sq), I observed that the canopy collapsed very abruptly at the end of the shutdown, similar to the Stilleto. But perhaps that was due to the size of canopy she was jumping, that thing was a napkin.

B.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Guest 1010
SDO last weekend ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

It's a fully eliptical, semi braced canopy. The bracing is slightly different from crossed braced canopies and is only braced in the middle 5 cells (if i remember right). I'm pretty sure it's the gap between the crossfire and FX....overlapping both sides..he he. Very nice openings, and fast!
my pics & stuff!

The test junpers in Spain have said it is outperforming the VX.

This version is braced in the center 3 cells. The one that was braced in the center 5 was the 11 cell prototype that is not ready yet.

Still waiting for mine.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

i tried to find the link for canopypiloting.com but for some reason the forums are down.

read the information that Jim has posted along with the pictures of him flying it. he has said it is old technology and will not even compete with current x-brace technology much less out flying them.

sounds to me like a crossfire that you can load heavier with better characteristics.

i tried to find the link for canopypiloting.com but for some reason the forums are down.

read the information that Jim has posted along with the pictures of him flying it. he has said it is old technology and will not even compete with current x-brace technology much less out flying them.

Who is Jim sponsored by, I forget?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i happened to notice the side panels only say NEOS with the exclusion of the icarus logo, yes i did see the logo on the bottom skin but not where is should be?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix