normiss

F*cking e-bay cookies on dizzie.com!

What do you mean to "make the site behave normally"? I don't take off any cookies and it works fine for me.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My guess is that you have Microsnot Internet Exploder configured with default settings, accepting third-party cookies. There are currently 5 e-bay cookies that download upon initial loading of dizzie.com. I refuse them, and I always end up back at the beginning of a thread as opposed to where I left off the last time I was in the thread. If I foolishly allow the cookies, it puts me back where I left. I try my best to never allow third party cookies as they are as distrustful as third party checks and are often the beginning of spyware and adware HELL!

ebay
ebayobjects
ebayrtm

are the ones I remember...maybe an adbrite one also...

In the Privacy Statement, it says, "Cookies are not programs that come onto a user's system and damage files." So, how are they the beginning of spyware and adware hell?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just trying to understand. You know my computer technical skills are quite limited. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In the Privacy Statement, it says, "Cookies are not programs that come onto a user's system and damage files." So, how are they the beginning of spyware and adware hell?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I'm just trying to understand. You know my computer technical skills are quite limited. :P

Tracking cookies

Cookie wiki
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

IE6:
tools
internet options
privacy
advanced
override automatic cookie handling
accept first party
personally...I prefer the prompt option for third party so I can see and decide whether or not I want the cookie...

the e-bay attempts here are rather intrusive in my opinion...LOTS of browser hijack attempts. >:(

let me know if you're using ie7

IE6:
tools
internet options
privacy
advanced
override automatic cookie handling
accept first party
personally...I prefer the prompt option for third party so I can see and decide whether or not I want the cookie...

the e-bay attempts here are rather intrusive in my opinion...LOTS of browser hijack attempts. >:(

let me know if you're using ie7

IT'S THE SAME FOR 7
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WHY the eff MUST I take 5 damn e-bay cookies here to make the site behave normally????

I hate e-bay.....and I hate tracking cookies too.>:(
Cookies are the root of all internet evil...:P

So which page did you open when you were "attacked" by all these cookies? Was there and EBay Google ad on that page? I've never seen an EBay Google ad here but of course the ads vary depending on where you are. Not sure how else EBay content would make it from this site to your PC.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I've never had this problem... so I don't know what to say. I have my firewall up so I never see a pop-up ad but that doesn't stop the cookies and adware files from taking residence in my computer, but nothing that a regular sweep with Spy Sweeper and other virus programs can't handle.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

maybe an adbrite one also...

There's a thread in errors and bug reports where an adbrite URL is triggering a spyware warning.

I just block the URl when it come up as a cookie accept request, it stops then
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Update your HOSTS file. I get no ad's on most web sites I visit. I know that's how sites make extra money and all, but if I want something I'll go and look for it. Some anti Spyware programs will have an option to update your HOSTS file. Basically most ad servers are pointed to nothing. :)

Update your HOSTS file. I get no ad's on most web sites I visit. I know that's how sites make extra money and all, but if I want something I'll go and look for it. Some anti Spyware programs will have an option to update your HOSTS file. Basically most ad servers are pointed to nothing. :)

how do you update hosts files
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?