eeneR

Do you smoke?

If you remotely give a shit about anyone around you in the slightest way, you will FUCKING STOP!!!!

15 years ago my aunt was diagnosed with small-cell carcinoma of the lungs. She went through chemo and radiation and into remission she went. About 5 years later my mother was diagnosed with non-small cell carcinoma of the lungs, chemo didn't work and I lost her to Lung Cancer 10 months after diagnoses.

Last night I went to see my aunt who is now in ICU. She started having chest pains, and went back to the doctor. They ended up having to remove 1/4 of her right lung. As of yesterday she is still stuck on a ventilator and has developed pneumonia. They have been trying for the last 5 days to get her off the Vent and she cannot breathe on her own. Things are not looking good AT ALL.

Both my aunt and my mom smoked, and it is definitely cancer from smoking.

I am sick and tired of seeing you fucking idiots who insist on inhaling smoke cause you have to. The shit fucking kills you!!! What do you think is the #1 killer in most fires???? SMOKE INHALATION!!!

There is 0 reason what so ever to continue to torture yourself, then in turn torture the rest of your families when you are stuck in a bed having to eat, breathe and piss through tubes. My Aunt is miserable, in pain, and completely a mess. Because she needed to smoke.

I am pleading with those of you who smoke to seriously think about this. Do you want to end up like this? My mother died at the age of 51. Do you want to put your families through the pain of cancer? Trust me this is round 2 for me and I can tell you from first hand experience it is not fun, it is not pretty, in fact it is hell. My father lost his wife of 32 years (my mother) to cancer and now his sister lay in a hospital bed. I have made him promise me he will not smoke anymore. Though that process had already started.

I am not asking for vibes or anything else. Actually what I am asking for is for those of you who smoke to take a serious look at what you are doing to yourself and those around you. Please quit.

:(
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I smoke. I also care about my friends and family.

Sorry to hear about your loved ones, My mother in law is going through cancer and not from smoking.

Though alot of what you have said about it killing us and putting us in bed etc, the same can happen with skydiving.

Imagine what we are putting our loved ones through when they hear in the news about so many skydiver dying and ending up paralysed.... Is not the same torture as smoking?

However i always smoke outside and do not smoke around non smokers.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'm sorry for your loss and for what you are going through with your aunt. I lost my father 9 years ago to lung cancer that spread to his brain. He smoked like a chimney all his life but he thought he was invincible. Apparently his two year battle with the disease wasn't enough to convince my sister to stop lighting up. Her excuse is "I only smoke two or three a day" I tried to explain it to her several times that there is no such a thing as a 'safe amount'[:/]

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Though a lot of what you have said about it killing us and putting us in bed etc, the same can happen with skydiving.

Um i have to say NO. You can get killed driving a car, a motorcycle, hell skateboards, rollerblades skiing and alot of other shit. Skydiving is a sport you do for fun with the risk of getting hurt.

Smoking is inhaling a carcinogens, smoke, and chemicals which are KNOWN to cause serious issues.

Your theory means that people who do anything that might cause death should be grouped together. Well I disagree that smoking falls into this realm. It doesn't.

You can try to tell yourself that it is the same, but it isn't. But remember my words when you are sitting there with a tube shoved down your throat, in your stomach and up your penis.

Like I said to my dad last night...You might be next. Dont get me wrong it hurts like hell, but I dont feel sorry for them. They both my mom and my aunt did this to themselves. They decided to smoke and they are paying/paid the ultimate price.

Go head and keep on smoking...you wont effect me. But when your wife/kids/sister who ever are at your bedside in horrible anguish watching you suffer....think of them.

As for the comparison to skydiving...I have the same opinion of people who are told that they are at risk, flying a canopy like an ass and are going to bust themselves up. I have 0 sympathy for them when they pound into the ground. You can skydive relatively safely, but as in life there are risks that might take you out.

Smoking is like doing low ass hook turns. It isn't a matter of if you are going to pound in, it is a matter of when.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Dont point your finger and call people names. What gives you the right to put yourself above everyone that smokes. We all know what will happen and we all hear about it from everyone around us every day. We hear it from friends who dont jump about why we jump who will look after your kids if you die. Please dont force your opinion on us. Everyone has the right to voice but dont force. >:(

HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

Dont point your finger and call people names. What gives you the right to put yourself above everyone that smokes. We all know what will happen and we all hear about it from everyone around us every day. We hear it from friends who dont jump about why we jump who will look after your kids if you die. Please dont force your opinion on us. Everyone has the right to voice but dont force. >:(

Awe...I struck a nerve!!!

Guess what, this is the internet and I am free to post my opinion all I want. If you dont like it, then dont read it. But obviously this bothers you..so puff away!!! I really dont care if you suffer later.

I will say this again, skydiving and smoking are no where similar...sorry. Unless you like to hook it low, then by all means...but let me get the bounce bingo going.
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I personally agree with the OP and that smoking is rediculous and why would anyone do it... But then I guess people who know me say the same exact thing when I tell them I'm waiting to jump out of an airplane :-\

But seriously, why smoke? If you plan on not having kids and grandkids, then go ahead, smoke it up. But if you do have children and odds are grandkids long down the road, then smoking is selfish. Why give your grandkids and kids a grandmother and mother attached to an oxygen tank in your 60's and not being able to breath? All cause you had to pull on a ciggarrette and give 5.88 a pack to do it.

My mother died of lung cancer a little over a year ago. It wasn't from smoking though, it was from asbestos. She died of Mesothelioma, I think its spelled right. she was also a lifetime smoker which didn't help.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Smoking is like doing low ass hook turns. It isn't a matter of if you are going to pound in, it is a matter of when.

Thats rubbish! Not everyone who smokes goes through a horrible death or horrible suffering.

Your nasty streak has really come out in this thread.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Awe...I struck a nerve!!!

Guess what, this is the internet and I am free to post my opinion all I want. If you dont like it, then dont read it. But obviously this bothers you..so puff away!!! I really dont care if you suffer later.

I will say this again, skydiving and smoking are no where similar...sorry. Unless you like to hook it low, then by all means...but let me get the bounce bingo going.

Dont take it in the wrong way, I understand what will happen and most people I know that smoke really do try not to smoke. Its just the people telling them how bad it is and saying they are idiots. people who ride motorcycles are told they are stupid and will kill themselves. Its not your opinion that but the way you are criticizing.
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

I wish i did not smoke. I am working on giving it up for good. It is really hard though.

However i dont think a certain poster calling people names for smoking is a very nice way to go about getting her point across.

I guess some people just live the perfect healthy life and that makes them better than others.
I wonder if she realises what all the salt and sugar in american foods is doing to her.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have 0 sympathy for them when they pound into the ground.

I guess you have not lost any FRIENDS who have made that mistake.

I am pretty sure you have sympathy towards a person at one of your dropzones that this happened to last year.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Thats rubbish! Not everyone who smokes goes through a horrible death or horrible suffering.

Or perhaps she's hurting over what she views as senseless losses. Perhaps she figures if this blunt, non PC approach gets through to SOMEONE, it's worth pissing a few people off over.

We all handle pain differently....[:/]

Thanks. I have other things i am dealing with at the moment though.

Giving up smoking takes everything out of you and right at this moment i can not be in a position where i will be sick for a couple of weeks.

I get sick when i attempt to stop smoking. The thing is patches are also proven to give cancer so no point using them though they do work.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Or perhaps she's hurting over what she views as senseless losses. Perhaps she figures if this blunt, non PC approach gets through to SOMEONE, it's worth pissing a few people off over.

We all handle pain differently....[:/]

That i understand but directing names towards everyone on here that smokes is not very nice.

At the moment every single cent that my partner and i make each week goes towards her mothers hospital bills for her cancer treatment but i dont think calling people names is going to help anything.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Anyway, I really am sorry you are going through what you are... as i said i am going through the same thing and it is terrible, especially when it was all so sudden.

However i am not an idiot cause i smoke.

I give all my money to my partners mothers bills and cook for her every night and i dont think a selfish idiot would do that.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I quit smoking in 2000 when it was discoverd I had a "shadow" on a chest xray and had to have it redone. My then 13 year old was terrified that I was going to be diagnosed with cancer. He asked me what they would do to me "lung transplant?" and when he woke up he said that he wished he could just keep sleeping because then he would not worry about me!! He was 13.
I tossed the pack and have not smoked one since, that's not to say second hand smoke has not been sucked into my lungs! But perhaps that won't kill me.
I hope I never decide to smoke of my own volition again. I also hope my children do not end up with problems due to the second hand smoke they have endured.
Most people I know that are smokers are very courteous of the non-smokers around them. This is a fairly new trait. The urge to smoke is so great that it will often outweigh ones consideration for the health and well being of those around them. It is a terrible habit/addiction and I sympathize with those that suffer from it. I am more tolerant than most, that's my nature, but I don't like to be around someone that is not considerate with their smoking. I have to remind myself to separate the person from the smoke. My mother is 84 years old and still smokes. She is also in good health. I hate for my kids to be closed up in her house when we visit, but I won't stop visiting. She is from "back in the day" and she believes that what she does in her home is her business...and I guess she is right. She does not smoke in my house and I appreciate that.

In a normal time, Renee's approach might not have been the most effective. However, Renee's is not in a normal time. She's in a difficult time right now and her approach, anger and frustration is or should be understandable. She's not only having to deal with this situation with her aunt, but I'm sure there are a lot of memories and emotions that are resurfacing from losing her mother in a similar situation. I say cut her some slack...

Renee--Sorry its a rough time for you right now. Stay strong and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

In a normal time, Renee's approach might not have been the most effective. However, Renee's is not in a normal time. She's in a difficult time right now and her approach, anger and frustration is or should be understandable. She's not only having to deal with this situation with her aunt, but I'm sure there are a lot of memories and emotions that are resurfacing from losing her mother in a similar situation. I say cut her some slack...

Renee--Sorry its a rough time for you right now. Stay strong and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You are right. And i am sorry for reacting renee.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

not in australia.

My mother used that thing when they put pins all over your body. the term has slipped my mind.

This is something i will try next year. If next year is too late then that is the risk i am prepared to take as i cant afford to go through all the emotions at this present time due to another family member needing everything we have from us.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store