eeneR

Do you smoke?

Note that that is spread over ALL smokers who started at various times, including those who quit later.

So if you ever smoked and you die, They count it as a smoking related illness?:S

the odds of him dying from a smoking-related cause is 32%

Sorry but I just don’t buy that. It that were True, We all would know a hell of alot more people that died from Smoking related illness. I am sure almost anyone can think of two or three people they knew personally that died from smoking but I think that is much smaller percentage than 32% of the total number of Smokers that they have known that died.

Think about all the people that you that have died. How many were smokers? Now how many died from Smoking related illness?? Anywhere near 32%?? Most likely not even close.

Smoking does greatly increase you chance of getting cancer and /or many other major health problems. It is a disgusting habit that does put your health in jeopardy.. But those numbers are waaay off, I dont care who put them out.
We all know stats can be manipulated to show whatever you want them to.

I think it is more like IF you happen to live a long Life and then when you do finally die, IF you ever smoked, they can say you died of a Smoking related illness. Kinda like “Chute didn’t open” is what is reported as the cause death for most for skydivers.

Old Joe Geezer dies today at the age of 86 of heart failure. He smoked at some point in his life. Another smoking related death.:S

Nope don’t buy it. Too many other factors but can you bet the CDC, American heart association and other will say it was absolutely a smoking related death to pad their statistics.