Jib

Anyone ever done the Napa/Sonoma wine thing?

My fiance thinks it would be romantic to fly across the country to drink wine this fall. Anyone have any suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

My fiance thinks it would be romantic to fly across the country to drink wine this fall. Anyone have any suggestions? Thoughts? Ideas?

damn... I wish I could tell you to talk to GirlFallDown...

The NorCal wineries are lots of fun! It would be worth the trip. I don't remember which wineries are good to visit up there, though. A wine tour might be a good idea, since they will bus you so you don't have to worry about driving after lots of wine.

I've been there, done that. Been a long time though. I think most of the wineries are good. I would however, NOT stay in that motel that's part of the first mud bath/mineral spa in the U.S. or so they advertise. I can't remember what the name of it is, but it's up around the northern edge of that region. It's just, well.... OLD... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The very BEST winery for Cal-Ital (specializing in Sangiovese) is Benessere. Very reasonably priced...and they're very nice folks.

Benessere

Every sommelier in the valley will tell you the same thing. Two at Coppola and one each at Grgich, Opus, BV, and Mondavi all steered me there.

Have lunch and/or dinner at the Rutherford Grill - magnificent food and no corkage fee. They're in the BV parking lot.

- C.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

If you do that, make sure you spend a few hours at Vino Venue in SOMA, SFO. It's a great place to try a lot of different wines. Just avoid the back room unless you have a _lot_ of money.

Seconded... Shannon took us there and we had a real fun evening!
Remster

If you do that, make sure you spend a few hours at Vino Venue in SOMA, SFO. It's a great place to try a lot of different wines. Just avoid the back room unless you have a _lot_ of money.

Seconded... Shannon took us there and we had a real fun evening!
Good times were had by all :)

I haven't done the wine thing but I can say that if you come to the Napa/Sonoma area and don't visit me, my ghost will haunt you forever. And a day.

Yeah. Like I came and saw you. Oh, wait. I didn't. You blew me off. ;)

Insofar as wineries, email me - [email protected] - tell me what you like/hate - I've got tons of recommendations for you.

-Peter

My Wife and I visit the area frequently, what type of wines to you prefer? Send me a PM when you have some free time and I can give you a list of the places we have visited. Also depending on which end (North or south you want to stay at) I can provide you with some nice B & B's.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Did the Napa Valley thing. Loved Robert Mondavi's winery. BV was fun to go to as well. Those were the 2 that made the biggest impression on me when I went. BV is more "high tech" whereas Mondavi's was more old-world Italian.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.