BGill

Apple announces new line of iPods

I have been waiting for 100GB to replace my 60GB (yes, I use ALL that space). To hear 160GB is a very nice surprise. :o

As much as I hate the trendiness of Apple, the iPod is a solid device and I tested several other brands before I reluctantly settled on my iPod two years ago. Today, I am still confident in that decision.

www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Me too. The new Ipod Touch is cool, but with only an 8 and 16 gig models it's a bit disappointing.

i agree...however ill prolly get one anyway...

i figure i have about 25 gigs of music on my 30gig video ipod...about 3 gigs of pics...

thats about 5000 songs...i listen to maybe 1500...

so im sure i can slim down my music collection..but not my pics...i must have them all on the ipod..

well...im gonna get the 16gb touch...i must have it...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Me too. The new Ipod Touch is cool, but with only an 8 and 16 gig models it's a bit disappointing.

Yeah I agree, it would be sweet, but not for $300, if I want to spend that, I'll just get the Classic with the 160 GB

Good grief that's alot of space Charlie Brown :S
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Yeah I agree, it would be sweet, but not for $300, if I want to spend that, I'll just get the Classic with the 160 GB

MORE SPACE THEN YOU WILL EVER NEED...

and they are actually $400

Damn I didn't see the 160gig model. WOW, that's all I can say.

Think i will wait for the next revision when they start putting some decent sized drives in the touch so i can get a few movies on as well as 50-60 gB of music

not sure if thats gonna happen...

they arent using "drives" in the touch...its all flash mem based...pretty expensive..and not that much capacity compared to harddrives...but it does make it VERY VERY thin. they are 8mm thick...

Damn I didn't see the 160gig model. WOW, that's all I can say.

Yeah but I like that, because I can put videos and music and documents and shit on there. I only have 2000 songs right now, but I get more everyday...

And I can just get the 80 GB model anyways...

"iPod Classic: This is currently what the Zune is competing against. The new iPod 80 GB Classic boats 30 hours of audio playback, 6 hours of video. They have a 160 GB version that boosts that number to 40 hours of audio and 7 house of video playback. The price? $249 USD for the 80 GB version and $349 for the 160 GB version. The body of the iPod Classic is described as having a "full metal design", and they're even thinner than before."
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

That's exactly what my dad said when we got our first PC with an 850mb hard drive.

That 160 gb model has 640 times as much hard drive capacity as my first Gateway PC. And is less expensive than what I paid for 8 mb of ram when I upgraded to 16mb of ram when I got Windows 95.

But, back to the original thread topic....I'd buy an iPod Touch right now if the wife wouldn't kill me because I bought a Nano this summer. Being able to use it to check e-mail when the kids have control of the computer would be quite handy.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

They are also reducing the price of the 8 gig iPhone from $599 to $399. That is a pretty significant move, putting it in line with Blackberrys, price-wise.

180 gig - I can't even fill up my 60 gig Zen. I guess if I had a lot of movies, I would use more space.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

They are also reducing the price of the 8 gig iPhone from $599 to $399. That is a pretty significant move, putting it in line with Blackberrys, price-wise.

It's a huge move. Some of the early buyers are mad, but what they fail to realize is that it's a cell phone and it was logical for Apple to reduce the price to stay competitive.

That's exactly what my dad said when we got our first PC with an 850mb hard drive.

Newbie! My first hard drive had 4.7MB capacity and I thought I'd never fill it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That 160 gb model has 640 times as much hard drive capacity as my first Gateway PC. And is less expensive than what I paid for 8 mb of ram when I upgraded to 16mb of ram when I got Windows 95.

Newbie. I paid $200 for 32kB (that's kB, not MB) of RAM for my first home computer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I paid $200 for 32kB (that's kB, not MB) of RAM for my first home computer.

$160 for 16K "mosaic tile", which improved my Atari 800 from 32K to 48K. Mostly, it just made Ms. Pac Man run better for my mom. And the Atari 800 was my second computer - the first was a 400 which could not be upgraded. Tape drive - I'll never forget the wrrrrr-wrrrrr-wrrrr-BEEP sound it made when you loaded a program. And whatever happened to plugging into your television for a monitor?
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It's a huge move. Some of the early buyers are mad, but what they fail to realize is that it's a cell phone and it was logical for Apple to reduce the price to stay competitive.

Steve Jobs now is making nice to those upset iPhone users who spent the greater bucks for their toy.

Read HERE his on-line open letter.

Good move, Steve.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Can't wait to see what the gang at Rockbox does with that puppy! :D:SB|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."