Amazon

Everyone needs to be careful out there.

One of the greatest things about this website is the networking and friendships I have made with people all over the world.

One of the worst things.... are all the people who I have met on this website that are no longer here with us.

Please.. for those who love you......be mindful of what it does to those who love you, who are left behind to ponder and mourn your passing[:/][:/][:/]

Please be careful out there.. I am getting really tired of crying:|

Jeanne,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are hurting and for all of us who personally knew anyone who has died while skydiving. I wish there was something we could do to bring them back, but I would hope they knew that this was a possibility? That they could die skydiving and leave us crying? I hope no one starts skydiving with the disillusion that this can't happen to them. One thing that was stressed to me was (and I think Ron quotes this often) 'you can do everything right and still die'

I did take your advice though:

be mindful of what it does to those who love you, who are left behind to ponder and mourn your passing

Thats why I stopped jumping. I can no longer bear the thought of my husband and toddler standing at my grave/memorial crying and me not being able to help them. Especially when my decision to sky dive did not truly include them.

Don't cry for your friends who died knowing this could happen - they, and especially T, were doing what they loved and if it was going to happen I hope that was how they would have wanted it - doing something they loved.
Arianna Frances

TOO LATE!!!! I busted ny tib/fib today during a routine BASE jump. Then the EMT kicked it twice before they evaced me. B|B|[:/]

what was worse, the EMT or actually breaking it!?

hope you heal soon!!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Don't cry for your friends who died knowing this could happen - they, and especially T, were doing what they loved and if it was going to happen I hope that was how they would have wanted it - doing something they loved.

This may be a bad place to disagree, but we should cry for them.

Life is full of risks, from the moment you get out of bed in the morning. I've enjoyed over 30 years in this sport. It's not a death sentence. People need to stay smart about the risks they are taking and what they can do to minimize those risks. Most accidents are preventable. [:/]

OW!!! A tib/fib! you need to take better care of yourself, or find someone that can! :P

A tib/Fib fracture i still better that a Femur, Pelvis, or broken ankle.;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Even Me?

Even you Turtle.. I would even cry for you....not that I want to m ind you...but you are a special guy in your own kind of way.

Awwe - and I thought I was just a whipping post for you.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Awwe - and I thought I was just a whipping post for you.

But I thought you liked that sort of thing.....:ph34r:

He does:o

Jeanne,
I know that you have had a lot to deal with this month.....know that you are in me and doc's thoughts and prayers.....I hope that gives you some kind of strength and comfort.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Oh believe me.. all the PM's and well wishes have helped....

We have just lost sooo many this year and last that I knew so well.

Just when I stop crying every time I think of someone who has left us...... another one goes off and gets them selves dead... that is what really sucks.:(

Oh believe me.. all the PM's and well wishes have helped....

We have just lost sooo many this year and last that I knew so well.

Just when I stop crying every time I think of someone who has left us...... another one goes off and gets them selves dead... that is what really sucks.:(

I have deleted 8 of my really good friends off my cell phone in the past 2 years. Beezy is still in there though. I guess after his ash dive he will be next. Are we getting older or are our close friends kicking the bucket too soon? Skydiving is a really close nit group so we take it harder i guess when someone passes. Pretty soon they will be breaking the 400 record up in the skies.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I have not deleted them..

Shannon is in there and so is Deuce....:(

Do you ever get a call back:D I deleted them nly because i had urges to call their number and hear them. That got hard after a while. so now i just watch video footage:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Well if I ever make it down that way maybe we should pop the cork on it and hoist a glass to her memory.

Boogies this year just have not been the same with out her there... hell I could not even manage to bring myself to go to Byron this year[:/]

Keep hanging in there and let me or doc know if there is anything you need....even if it is a day on the boat.....we are headed over in november.....maybe you should come up and visit us. Let me know if you are game and I will let you know the dates.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!