kbordson

Daylight Savings

I wish we'd do away with daylight savings. It's a headache! Let's see...meds are scheduled for 3am - do we give them at the "old" 3am or the "new" 3am? :S

But...those that get to enjoy the extra hour of sleep are lucky! Those working 3rd get to enjoy an extra hour of work. B|

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Those working 3rd get to enjoy an extra hour of work.

I always liked charting when you move the clock, or more amusingly... babies being born. One is born at 1:45 before changing the clock, then next is born half hour later, but the time is documented 1:15. :D:D:D:D

Arizona is that way as well. I wish it that way all over. Never saw the purpose of it anyway. You still get the same amount of daylight in a day no matter what the time is that the sun rises and sets.

I hate daylight savings time! If, I could, I'd kick Ben Franklin square in his ass for coming-up with the idea!!!

Chuck

If, I could, I'd kick Ben Franklin square in his ass for coming-up with the idea!!!

Chuck

HEY! Don't kick Ben. >:( He's one of my heros! B|

OK... not all of his ideas were as great as others.... but he was one smart dude! B|B|

True, he did, have some good ideas but, daylight savings wasn't one of them!!! He did like French chicks, though!:D

Chuck

That's why we refused to change in Indiana, for years at least.

Yup! Indiana and Arizona got the right idea. Think about it and consider the idea... does it 'really' conserve energy? What you don't use on one end to the clock, you use on the other.

Chuck

Yup! Indiana and Arizona got the right idea. Think about it and consider the idea... does it 'really' conserve energy? What you don't use on one end to the clock, you use on the other.

Chuck

As a friend once said: "Daylight Savings Time is like cutting a foot off the end of your bedsheets, and sewing it back on the other end."

If DST really saves anything, then lets go to it year-round; If not, then lets dump it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Chuck

As a friend once said: "Daylight Savings Time is like cutting a foot off the end of your bedsheets, and sewing it back on the other end."

If DST really saves anything, then lets go to it year-round; If not, then lets dump it.

YEAH! That quote... 'nuff said!

Chuck

you're just amazing for coming up with stuff like that..

Thank you! :$

But... google does make it easy. (Even though I do kinda have books and biographical DVD's on the dude) B|

somehow i knew that..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I'll be very happy when they do away with all this changing of the times. Pick a time; solar time is a good option. Daylight savings (solar plus one hour) is also good. Just stop changing it twice a year. Heck, it even gets people killed. From AP:

=======
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety of Arlington, Virginaia, in earlier studies found the switch from daylight saving time to standard time increased pedestrian deaths. Going to a year-round daylight saving time would save about 200 deaths a year, the institute calculated, said spokesman Russ Rader.
=========

I'll be very happy when they do away with all this changing of the times. Pick a time; solar time is a good option. Daylight savings (solar plus one hour) is also good. Just stop changing it twice a year. Heck, it even gets people killed. From AP:

=======
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety of Arlington, Virginaia, in earlier studies found the switch from daylight saving time to standard time increased pedestrian deaths. Going to a year-round daylight saving time would save about 200 deaths a year, the institute calculated, said spokesman Russ Rader.
=========

If, you ride your bike at night... wear white! Jagger-Richards

Chuck

Chuck

That depends on where you live. Here in CO I wear yellow when I ride my bike at night. When I lived in IN, I used to do a lot of running at night, and found the safest colors to wear were black or navy blue. Counter-intuitive, eh? In IN the fucking rednecks would throw beer cans/bottles at me, and even swerve toward me. A runner can easily see/hear cars before the car even knows you are there, so avoiding them is easy as long as they don't see you.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Chuck

That depends on where you live. Here in CO I wear yellow when I ride my bike at night. When I lived in IN, I used to do a lot of running at night, and found the safest colors to wear were black or navy blue. Counter-intuitive, eh? In IN the fucking rednecks would throw beer cans/bottles at me, and even swerve toward me. A runner can easily see/hear cars before the car even knows you are there, so avoiding them is easy as long as they don't see you.

Mind you, that quote was made in the late 60's!:D Sounds like, Co., is more tolerant of runners. I've experienced similar, when my wife and I would be out running/walking. Thanks for the tip about dark colors!;)

Chuck