LisaM

Hydrocodone

Can someone explain to this to me?

I had a prescription for Hydrocodone from a doctor back when I had that medical junk going on. I took it and never got sick and it put me to sleep nicely.

I went to my primary care and she gave me a prescription for the same thing (same dose, etc). I took one last week and it kept me up all night. I took one tonight and it made me feel hyper and now I 'm soooooo sick!

We compared the bottles, they are identical. The 2nd one has the right pill in it but I can't vouche for the first one since I don't have that prescription.

Is this really possible? It doesn't make much sense to me....

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

is the pill inside the same color/shape as it was before? . did one of the rx have acetaminophen with it? .. perhaps your body reacting differently to it due to different circumstances for needing it? .. ok, i really don't know. I'm a certified pharm tech, but i never used it.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

mmmm....pretty weird to have two different reactions like that....even if one is the generic form. Maybe it has more to do with what you are taking it for rather than the med itself .....of course unless you are taking it for the same thing. Would love to hear what some of the docs have to say about it.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

mmmm....pretty weird to have two different reactions like that....even if one is the generic form. Maybe it has more to do with what you are taking it for rather than the med itself .....of course unless you are taking it for the same thing. Would love to hear what some of the docs have to say about it.

Ditto to wanting to hear what docs might have to say.

I am taking it for different reasons. First time I was sick with very flu-like symptoms and I begged the doc to give me something for the pain.

This time she gave it to me suggesting to try it for the headaches I still have after that same illness. I found that one interesting but was desperate with the pain today.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Talked with doc (drdive) and he thought it was kind of weird too. Not sure what to think. Some of the other derivitives in the meds could be a problem......just seems a little off.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

We compared the bottles, they are identical. The 2nd one has the right pill in it but I can't vouche for the first one since I don't have that prescription.

Promptly send me a bottle of each presciption along with a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon (strictly for antiseptic and flavoring reasons) and I will give you my professional opinion as soon as you cough up the bucks for my bail after said comparrison test. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS COMPARRISON AT HOME!! I am a professional and I am willing to conduct such experiments providing that bail is gauranteed. I do require that any agreement be made in writing and that the bourbon arrives at least one day before the experiment comparrison begins.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Hydrocodone can be some really nasty stuff. Harmless at first but it is fairly addictive. I would not suggesting taking it unless you have to. The symptoms you describe sound like nothing more than your body just reacting a different way to the medicine. There could be other factors involved e.g time of day taken, sleep schedule etc... the pharmacist messing it up is unlikely unless they gave you something different and pocketed the real hydrocodone which does happen, I know some who have done that.
I would just suggest taking ibuprofen unless you are in great amounts of pain.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

I can put that to good use if you can't take it... don't know what the heck I did last night while sleeping, but I can't even move my left arm without excrutiating pain this morning.

Shipping addy:

1234 xoxoxoxo

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Pain meds are weird. I can take Vicoden without a problem but, get really sick if I take the generic version. Also when I broke my leg last month in the hospital they had me on morphine all 3 days. The first 2 days it didn't bother me at all but, after surgery on the 2nd night it made me really sick. I'm guessing cause of the anesthesia I had. Then when I got home I was so sick from one of the antibiotics I was on I couldn't eat any thing for 3 days with out throwing up. They changed it to a different brand and I was fine:S

I hope you feel better[:/]

Fly like a girl

I've had similiar reactions under different circumstances. When I was in college, the nurses gave that stuff out like candy for cough. That stuff always made me sick. But, when I broke my arm and was in pain, I had no side-effects. I can't explain it.