ntrprnr

Two things...

1) Every once in a while, I find it fun to start a small nuclear war in my industry... http://tinyurl.com/2jqmwk

2) Can someone text or email me tonight around 9:30/10pm EST and remind me that at 5:30pm, a SOBER Peter Shankman said to his future self that even though you're drunk, and you're not as strong-willed as you may be when you're sober, there is NO WAY to justify whatEVER you're currently looking at bidding on for the silent auction at the charity function you're going to?

No matter HOW much you THINK you want it, no matter how much you can say "BUT IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE," and CERTAINLY no matter how much you want it simply because some guy with a hot girl is trying to outbid you, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT.

If someone could remind me of that around 10pm-ish EST, that'd be lovely. :D

I'm going to the Fresh Air Fund's Fall fund-raiser/dinner thing... Open bar. They encourage you to drink, JUST for that reason. It's very, very dangerous. Check out the silent auction:

http://www.freshair.org/images/events/fallbenefit/auction.pdf

So yeah - if you save me, I'll buy you a jump or two. :)

Happy Thursday night...

-Peter

Good luck with that. That's a tempting list!!

What? The source code Peter blogged about? Damn, gal, that's WAY too freaky for me!:o

:P

What can I say? I have a penchant for source code. :)

Edited to add: Okay, well, not THAT particular source code. I can't sell a bad-girl image even when I try.
TPM Sister #102

no matter how much you want it simply because some guy with a hot girl is trying to outbid you, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is someone else going to explain to Peter what a silent auction is?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love subtle humor. Thanks for that.:D

no matter how much you want it simply because some guy with a hot girl is trying to outbid you, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT.

Is someone else going to explain to Peter what a silent auction is?;)

OK smart-ass... I've seen people WAITING by the sign-sheet subtly, waiting for someone to bid, then they run and up it by $25.00...

Hell Peter if you're giving money away for a good cause, I could use about 2k for repairs on a car that I had to repo from my nephew. :)
g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I'm alive. I'm sober. I came home sober - was a fun evening, but no fears.

Thank you to all who called, texted, emailed, showed up with backup, etc.

:)

Is someone else going to explain to Peter what a silent auction is?;)

I thought silent auctions was something only deaf people did. :|

:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I thought silent auctions was something only deaf people did.

No, silent auctions are how we mock deaf people. We're actually scheming against the deaf people in the auction.:P

Disclaimer: My niece is deaf. I would never truly mock a deaf person....except you.;)

I thought silent auctions was something only deaf people did.

No, silent auctions are how we mock deaf people. We're actually scheming against the deaf people in the auction.:P

Disclaimer: My niece is deaf. I would never truly mock a deaf person....except you.;)

bastard. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban