skinnyshrek

Beezy send off

I just noticed the 'Beezy' sticker in one of the photos. I don't remember seeing those when I was there (how'd I miss that??). Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

Not sure who ended up with the box of patches/stickers after I left. They are very nice. Someone there will pipe in for sure.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think Laura Thaxton, Pykes girlfriend, had the stickers made. Call the DZ, I'm sure Hans should be able to tell you how to get them. For the patches, we made a donation to Beezys daughters college fund.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

My take on the day:

It was a beautiful fall day, not too cold. I made a couple jumps during the afternoon. First with Tom Balboni and his friends, and the second with an all-DZ.com 8 way that was scrapped by cloud cover at 7000 feet, but like Bolas said, we still had fun somehow! Thankfully, it did clear up enough for Beezy's last jump.

Hans called me out to join the dirt dive while I was packing. Originally, I thought Beezy's wife Tracie would do the tandem, but instead, Beezy's two older children from his first marriage, a son and daughter were to do tandems on the jump with 4 upjumpers on each side linking both tandems in freefall! Hans took the daughter and Charlie Mullins took the son. I had never before seen any tandem do a floater exit, but both tandems set up back to back floater positions outside Skydive Chicago's super otter and exited together with the rest in close pursuit, from 16,500 feet! It went real well. We didn't quite close all the gaps, but I got in my slot and I think everybody was in, in some fashion. Bill Scott, former DZO of Monroe, held the ash bag, and with Chuck Blue's help, opened it and released Beezy. I knew most everybody on the jump from past boogies and big ways, and it was kind of like going back 7-10 years.

After everyone stashed their gear, we all gathered around Beezy's photo display to listen to Tracie's address. Lots of laughs and tears abounded. George Galloway also had a lengthy and emotional speech, and I had a great chat with him and his wife afterwards, as well as with Beezy's first wife. Lots and lots of old faces I hadn't seen in years showed up and it was awesome.

Remind me, please, if I see Psychobob's punch cooler, to stay the fuck away from it in the future!!!! I only had one cup of it, which was Hawaiian punch, ginger ale, vodka and grain alcohol. I guess my body was not conditioned to ingest grain alcohol, even just a little bit. It didn't make me drunk, but gave me a hell of a headache later that night! B| As Beezy was fond of saying, and I'll say it here: "that shit will FUCK you up!!!" :D

The funniest moment of the whole day probably had to be when I was standing with a small group, including shrek, chatting away. I had my head turned away from him, and he spoke into my hearing aid "you deaf cunt!" I turned toward him and he was all "hey how you doing?" and I'm like "what now?" Poor me had everything explained to me by Blaine or Mark afterwards. :D:D After years of calling you a Fat Bastard, Lee, I'm gonna call you a new one - Fat Cunt! :P:D

I'm not sure what happened on the ash dive, but for some reason I tweaked my back in freefall or under canopy. I have had to rub my lower back down with Icy Hot 5 or 6 times since. I dunno, I must be getting old. :P

All in all, it was great to see all the old friends from Monroe, the Farm and Cullman together in one place. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sorry we didn't get to make the DZ 8-way. It was great seeing you again Billy and I'm glad you liked the punch!:D:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Wow...that picture of the cloud is amazing!!

It was great to see everyone and even some faces I have not seen in YEARS! JIM!! Beezy was an amazing person who had friends of all walks of life.

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!