Kimblair13

Rigger tabs/safety seal/plastic thingy...

That is an EOS container built by Para-Flite during the early 1990s. Designer Troy Loney incorporated several innovations including small diameter pilot chute spring, tuck in reserve pin cover and tuck tabs all over the place. Too bad Para-Flite did not keep Troy on staff long enough to de-bug pattern set.
Shortly after they laid off Troy, Para-Flite quit making sport gear to focus on the - far more lucrative - military market.

Off topic.....anyone know what kind of rig that is? Having trouble figuring it out.

A deadly one.

(Just a quess would be something from RI... but not sure with the lateral design...)

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Of course, I had a left hand rear of leg throw out for about 6 years.;) Jumped interchangably with a right hand ROL and a ripcord rig.:S Never reached the wrong way.B|

Always thought the little plastic padlock shaped tags in the chest strap friction adaptor was the least offensive.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Nothing should ever be placed on or around the left MLW.

At the DZ I work at we place the tag on the left hand backstrap. So i dissagree with your statment, because as you say . . .

And unless the rig has a ROL system, does not interfere with anything

so if it does have a ROL system it interferes with the deployment system.

You jump a Tear Drop, what would you know?:P:)
Of course you are right, one more reason gear checks should be done by a rigger. If not they are not "gear checks" it is hand stamping for jump gear.

When was the last time you saw a rig with a ROL on it?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

... one more reason gear checks should be done by a rigger. If not they are not "gear checks" it is hand stamping for jump gear.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We had three of four licensed riggers doing gear checks at the 1997 US Nationals in Perris Valley, California. I caught several rigs with miss-routed cutaway cable and one rig with broken harness stitiching.
One - East Coast - skydiver commented that I did a more thorough inspection than his regular rigger did at repack time!
A whuffo "gear checker" would never catch those sorts of problems.

... one more reason gear checks should be done by a rigger. If not they are not "gear checks" it is hand stamping for jump gear.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We had three of four licensed riggers doing gear checks at the 1997 US Nationals in Perris Valley, California. I caught several rigs with miss-routed cutaway cable and one rig with broken harness stitiching.
One - East Coast - skydiver commented that I did a more thorough inspection than his regular rigger did at repack time!
A whuffo "gear checker" would never catch those sorts of problems.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

When was the last time you saw a rig with a ROL on it?

This past weekend I repacked a rig with ROL and and cloth channels for the cutaway cables. :(

-Blind

I forgot, you are from Arkansas.:)

No, I'm from OK, home of astronauts and aviation pioneers. I'm just forced to work in AR :)
-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."