IEJuggalo

Motorcycles...

...anybody here ride/race? Dirt or street? I myself race desert in So. Cal. I feel safer skydiving than I do racing off-road. I have only gotten one desert racer to come out to skydive, and said he will never do it again.;). I dont know if it is a balls thing, or a kick thing. By the way, I still dont know why I even do this shit.:S I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!...Peace, Dean-O

I used to ride around the desert north of Phoenix, never raced.

It is generally not a good idea to directly try to get others to come out for a skydive. If they show interest after hearing you talk about how much you love it that is different, but to try to convince others that don't show an interest is not something you should really do.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I started racing flat track and scrambles in '71, on a stripped-down Honda CL100 streetbike. Started MX (amateur) in '73, on a Honda Elsinore 125 and after several bike and class changes, retired from the Open Class in '87. I still intermittently raced some flat track (knobby class), hare scrambles and once attempted suicide, by 100 mile Cross-Country GP. :( I still have my somewhat cherry '83 CR480 but I only playride these days...not gettin' up from the soil-sampling, as quick as I used to. :|

My sons both started riding at 3 and were racing MX, by the time they were 5. Seven out of nine of my grandkids are riding but not actively racing....yet. Here's a shot of my next-to-youngest grandaughter.That's my son's ride, in the background. B|

"T'was ever thus."

I started racing flat track and scrambles in '71, on a stripped-down Honda CL100 streetbike. :|B|

...Thats awesome. I have the 76' Elsinore that my dad bought the year I was born. Thats when men were men and machines were junk. Still super fun to ride, but needs to be babied. I just took the best ride I have ever had on two wheels yesterday. Life is good.

I started racing flat track and scrambles in '71, on a stripped-down Honda CL100 streetbike. :|B|

...Thats awesome. I have the 76' Elsinore that my dad bought the year I was born. Thats when men were men and machines were junk. Still super fun to ride, but needs to be babied. I just took the best ride I have ever had on two wheels yesterday. Life is good.

The Elsinores were revolutionary...before that, we had to cobble street or enduro (street/trail) bikes into some semblance of a racing machine. My Elsinore 125 was a '74 but I got it in late '73. I can remember being totally awed, at having a full 4 inches of suspension travel and the space-age plastic fenders! :D

Probably the worst part, was the lack of riding gear. There were no full-faced helmets and no boots...we usually used lineman's boots or surplus combat boots and hell, I've even seen guys racing with football helmets! There were "racing leathers", a heavy and slightly padded leather pants but nobody made racing jerseys, so we wore rugby jerseys or sweatshirts. A few of the smarter ones, used football shoulder pads. Yeah, it was harder back then but honestly....a lot more fun. It was a much smaller community and with racing, kind of like a "brotherhood" thing. All good things must end, I suppose.
"T'was ever thus."

I used to ride around the desert north of Phoenix,...

Now there's something I always dreamed of doing! I never had the op but it's probably a good thing....that's a whole different world. I have no idea how to read the desert...probably wouldn't last 5 minutes.
"T'was ever thus."

...ahhh, space age fenders. Good ol' Preston Petty. Motorcycles changed the world. At least made mine. B|

How many can say they've ever owned a JOFA?! :D I dunno' about "changing" the world....but I'll betcha' I've knocked 'er off axis a time or 90, with mine. :( Hell, I could be the poster child for blunt-force trauma injuries.
"T'was ever thus."

[replyHell, I could be the poster child for blunt-force trauma injuries.

Sorry....I already hold that title.

I just bought a Predator 500, full race ATV.
The days of my Bultaco 250 are long gone.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I have been a licensed Road Racer for 22 years (since I quit skydiving the first time in 1984-5 cough cough) and held an AM 250 GP Pro license for a couple of years

I started skydiving again in Jan 07 and its been a blast!

The rush is different a 20 min sprint race offers time to recover from small errors and the focus required is a lot like a good 8 way but so much longer and in some ways much harder. In a race its all you. In a good multi-way the teamwork and result is an all together different rush.

I also dirt bike in the off season as much as I can getaway with

I had about 17 friends go for tandems and a few have gone on to AFF I get to shadow a few as I'm getting ready to learn to fly camera.

Skydiving is MUCH cheaper than racing and I can do it whenever I want as opposed to waiting for a race weekend once a month

I've also found skydiving to be a bit more social I think due to the competitive nature of racing.
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

....250GP's What a cool class of racing. I really enjoy watching those guys. In desert racing, we have to go the distance so to speak. If you wanna fight for it early, you have already lost. I like to bring it back on the last 40 miles. Its hard to do when you are "racing". Here is a pic of me and some of my buddies in So. Cal. It was actualy cold and rainy this weekend. Thats me on the Green Machine