virgin-burner

having issues n'stuff.. wtf should i do!?

thats pretty kewl!

on another note: i've asked specifically NOT to post shit like that. In fact, I had put it up quite early in my post. not that i mind really, but it would show a minimum amount of respect to, uh, nevermind..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i've asked specifically NOT to post shit like that.

Feel free to ask all you want, but this is a place where people can post anything they'd like. If you post epic length novels, expect some people not to read every word and expect to get some negative comments.

If you seriously need "help" then seek it out in real life and not here.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My brother has ADHD and he is coming up with some pretty wild ideas in the foreign currancy exchange market. He is picking out trends that no one else can seem to see. Check it out. Either that or try to get an entry level position for a public relations Firm. From there don't dress for the job you have dress for the one you want
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

<>

That is some of the best advice that I've heard (and ignored to my peril for years.... I've just started to follow it!!) - I used to think that it was complete bollox but it really isn't.... Also take note of how successful people talk (phrasing etc...) and do the same - it works!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

well, you just covered pretty much everything what i specifically asked not to. thanks for that!

What did I do that you asked us not to do?

If you want to be a packer, be a packer. You don't have to try to justify it here.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We're not quite big enough to keep packers busy full time.

If I had to recommend a couple, I'd say The Ranch, NY in the summer, and then check out Z-Hills in the winter.

Ditto,I reccomend that too!;) There are many large DZ' s in Florida that would be great places to work in the Winter...very busy!;)

ok guys, dont get your knickers in a knot.. :)

you know, i wouldnt ask not to tell me that because i've already heard all of it. and it doesnt work for me. i guess, i'm only seeking support.

you did lighten me up, bigway, its not that i minded really. but yea, i confess, i put a wall of text up there, not everyone is up to read it.

and of course, everyone's allowed to post whatever they feel like. i miss the boobies tough, that would have cheered me up much more!! :P

but yea, i wasnt really in the mood to take shit yesterday. maybe you do understand, maybe not. it doesnt really matter anyway, i'm fully aware this is the bonfire, i know the crowd here by now, what else would i expect! :D:D:D

on another note: i've had such a blast today! weather didnt look to good in the morning, still went with the dude, had lunch together, then to the dropzone..

and guess what i did?

i've had my first wingsuit-fllights!!!

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Hey Chris.........

.......nevermind. :D

hey!
where have you been!? i had a great day today, how was yours? didnt you had to put up with squeak, or still have to? and here i'm yabbering about what a shit-week i've had, while your facing this.. :P:P:P

i'm ok, i went skydiving! or better yet, wingsuiting.. i'm an :) now! :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Hey Chris.........

.......nevermind. :D

hey!
where have you been!? i had a great day today, how was yours? didnt you had to put up with squeak, or still have to? and here i'm yabbering about what a shit-week i've had, while your facing this.. :P:P:P

i'm ok, i went skydiving! or better yet, wingsuiting.. i'm an :) now! :D:D:D

Good to hear you had a wonderful day!! :)
I pick the rodent up tonight. :P:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Give Squeak a huge hug from me. I wish I could be spending a few days with him in California. He's gonna get to meet a bunch of cool people and jump out of airplanes. I'm jealous.

In fact, when you hug him for me, pinch his arse.;)

I promise to give him a huge hug from you. And the pinch, well, I'll tell him you made me do it. ;)

Hey, get yer butt here and join us.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Psychiatrist in the house!

Dude, get treated. There are several non-amphetamine medications that are used to treat adhd and are effective: Strattera, Wellbutrin and Imipramine. There are also bio-feedback programs available, namely "Play attention." Why do you continue to allow yourself to suffer when there is available treatment for your condition? I was diagnosed at 33. How my life would have been so much easier, had it been discovered sooner.

If you were diabetic, would you take your insulin? If you couldn't see, would you wear glasses? You have adhd. Your brain does not utilize dopamine like someone without adhd ustilizes dopamine.

And, sorry Skymama, but the harder an ADHD person tries, the worse their adhd becomes. They need to learn to relax their brain so that the prefrontal cortex will fill with dopamine. When an adhd person tries hard, the prefrontal cortex depletes of dopamine, and the person cannot think.

Read Daniel Amen, MD's book Change Your Brain, Change Your Life. He has exercise and diet recommendations as well.

Good luck. dm

i know that this is much different in the states.

i'll tell you what: i first went to a normal house-doctor, all around good guy. he wanted to make sure what he was at. he sent me first to that guy that is supposed to be switzerlands "adhd-guru". a complete ass, as he's only a psychologist, so its not covered by insurance. he cant prescribe any type of meds anyway. and, for testing only, he wanted something like 2k$!! hello? thats fifty-something jumptickets! fuck you!

house doc then asked the psychiatric university of zurich. the professor there, which BTW also seems to be highly affected, sent me off to her slaves, an institution called "drop-in", a place where druggies go and get their methadon or heroine. and they do testing for adhd as well. what a combination. the guy there, hardly spoke my language. i dont think for fuck he knew what he was doing. he diagnosed me with a drug-psychosis. coincidence is, a friend that studies at said university told me of blah-blah-blah.. long story short, other people got diagnosed with drug induced psychosis that were anything else. a complete looser! i'm a peaceful person, but on our second meeting, no shit, i was this close to punch some reasoning into that fuckin' asshole.

funnily, that professor called me about my testing. i was very surprised, because it was two years after!!!

a friend then told me about a guy he sees. supposed to be good. i go there. classic freudian analyst. treats me for bi-polar disorder. my personal low. i tried hard with it, i had an appointment for a 5th time. but i didnt take it.

i then decided i was better off without all this crap, so far i've been tried to be ripped, sent with the druggies, got treated for something completely different with with rather strong meds..

well, i must say, somehow i've lost trust into this kind of institutions.. from the last job i got fired from, they paid for a coach, i asked for a guy that i had as a teacher once in my studies. all around good guy, maybe a bit on the esoteric side, maybe a bit of a freak, but nonetheless, he listens to you and asks the right questions, or just has an answer.. i might not care for it much, but at least its an other perspective. yea, he's just a good supporter, i love him!

dfficult, uh? i really tried hard. and the other meds you mentioned.. i dont know. i might be a complementary bi-polar, fuck knows, but who wouldnt become when such frustrations arrive.

ritaline was cool. but fuck, being me and having amphetamines in the house.. :)
that didnt work, i stopped asking for them as i got on the edge of really loosing my mind.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The problem with medications is that everyone has a different body chemistry. Each person is different hence the reason we have so many medications for the same things, and the reason why we have so many different dosage rates for the drugs that are prescribed. Medicine is not exact. We need to look at medicine less dogmatically. Everyone is different and as such we need to experiment and conduct ourselves scientifically.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

yea, and so should psychiatrists work. see above. they somehow never managed to adjust to my fall rate. so i had to cut them away..

i think, i really want to become a canopy compression engineer!

already got the first offers from switzerland too.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Let it go for 2008... By T. D. Jakes

There are people who can walk away from you.

And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk.
I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.

The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are
not joined to you, you can't make them stay.

Let them go.

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead.

You've got to know when it's dead.

You've got to know when it's over. Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful, it's that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it. Stop begging people to stay.

Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains.

LET IT GO!!!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth.....

LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you........

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge.....

LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or talents.

LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude.......

LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better......

LET IT GO!!!

If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him......

LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship.......

LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves......

LET IT GO!!!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed .......

LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to......

LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing for 2008!!!

LET IT GO!!!
Get Right or Get Left. think about it, and then....

LET IT GO!!!

V-B
I think I understand where you're coming from.
Althought not 'formally diagnosed', I came to the conclusion a coupla years ago that I very likely am ADD after doing some extensive research for an Educational Psychology class I was in at the time.
It was like a light bulb went off - "Whoa! THAT really explains A LOT..!!"
BUT knowing what the case is that is the contributing factor to major issues to deal with in your life in general, doesn't make the problems that come about because it it necessarily "go away."
It can be very frusterating[:/].
But like SkyMama said, there really ARE lot of techniques to deal with it, it in your case being our ADHD, and you can actually make it work for you.
Take heart, but ya know a lot of people will not be able to understand.
Good Luck to ya & hang in there dude.