sartre

Dial 866-529-3198 and ask for Darryl!

They don't ever seem to answer, but let's all give 'em a call anyway.

I got a new home phone number last March. Since day one, I've been recieving calls from this number asking for "Eugene". I have explained that they have the wrong number, asked them to stop calling, and they usually just hang up on me.

Today, I got the first of the twice daily calls, and I asked to speak to a supervisor. The guy, Darryl, said he was the supervisor. When pressed, he said he was the highest supervisor, even the OWNER of the company. By this time, my sarcastic, bitchy side has started to come out (I know THAT'S hard to believe :D:D). He's basically pissing me off, so I'm arguing with him.

He insists that this is the phone number that Eugene gave him just last week, and since Eugene owes him 35k, and MY number is the one in their data base, he is going to coninue to keep calling ME

WTF??

So, I decided that I'd start calling there and asking for random people. And when they tell me there's no one there by that name, I'm going to insist that that person MUST be there because I was given this number. Except so far, they haven't actually answered the calls.

However, I am still harboring a fantasy that it will somehow annoy them and maybe mess with their phone lines if a bunch of people start calling. So, come on peeps. Put this number in your speed dial and have fun. Drunk dial, dial early morning, dial late night. They call me at least twice a day, 7 days a week, so no time is a bad time.:D:D

If you get ahold of Darryl, tell him your name is Euguene. And you'd like to send him his 35k. B|

Because after months (since last March) of having calls from this number multiple times a day, and being woken up on the weekends, I wanted to put a stop to it.

As for the calling Qwest thing mentioned above, unless anything has changed, they can't block 800 numbers.

But maybe 866 numbers aren't really toll free? It says toll free when they call.

He insists that this is the phone number that Eugene gave him just last week, and since Eugene owes him 35k, and MY number is the one in their data base, he is going to coninue to keep calling ME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah, right. Next time he calls tell him you've got the State Attorney on the other line and they will be calling HIM (Darryl) to ask him why is he looking for Eugene at your house after you told him he's not known to you.

The calls will stop. They don't play that chit.

Do bill collectors get paid per call and get their kicks pissing off the innocent in the meantime? I'm wondering. I have a childhood friend who became one of these supervisors, and I asked her how can she TAKE a job like this.

"I gotta pay the bills'.

Hmm...I love her still..knew her since I was in 3rd grade, but thats not a nice thing to have to do. I'd take a MacJob before I did that to people..but I have enough trouble sleeping at night...what with the Pirating and all...B|~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Damn! They haven't tried to get any info from me personally, I wonder what the deal is? Multiple people use that number? That's not really the number they're calling from?

I was hoping it was a small enough enterprise that we could drive them crazy by calling them back.

Thanks for trying everyone. I think maybe I will have "Eugene" answer the phone next time. Or maybe, I'll pick up the phone and start barking each time they call! :D:D Or I could ask Darryl what color his panties are........

....so many fun ideas!:)

Well, I did tell him this morning that I was going to go to the District Attorney (yeah, right :D) if he didn't stop calling me, and his response was, "Well, you go right ahead. I'm still going to keep calling."

Really. The more I think about it, the better I like the idea of just being really annoying when they call. It could be lots of fun.:D

Anyone want to volunteer to be Euguene? I'll give them your number next time they call (8 tomorrow morning):D

If Qwest won't stop calls from these people...

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-529-3198

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/8665293198

...then I'd start legal action against Qwest for failing to protect you from obvious telephone predators through their network.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I called.....but when I asked to speak to Darryl, they switched my call to his other brother Darryl.

Don

Is the company named "Anything for a Buck"?
If so, ask to speak to Larry.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It is now. Thanks!

But will that keep these guys from calling as they are creditors and not telemarketers?

Got any male friends with a gruff, authoritative voice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It is now. Thanks!

But will that keep these guys from calling as they are creditors and not telemarketers?

I'm not sure, but when I got a new phone number last year I was immediately bombarded by calls from all sorts of groups. Some seemed kinda sketchy. About 2-3 weeks after I put my number in the database all calls stopped. I hope it stops them for you.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793