ntrprnr

Irony...

The definition of irony as I see it:

Having close to 200 jumps, 13 marathons, several triathlons all under my belt, and barely ever being injured, save an occasional ankle or tendon twist. (knock wood.)

Then, 2 days ago, running for the F train when the door is closing, hitting the door at full-speed, and cracking a rib.

Breathing sucks right now.

B|:(:(

The fucking door was OPEN when I STARTED running down the steps for it.

Fucking F train.

Timming is EVERYTHING Peter:D:D:D were you "blackberrying" whilst running:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In London, I got stuck in the doors on the tube. They're ruthless over there as they just proceeded out of the station with half of me hanging out of the train.:D

Yeah, I heard the bell; but chose to ignore it.:S

The fucking door was OPEN when I STARTED running down the steps for it.

Fucking F train.

Dude, you know the first thing you've got to do is make eye contact with the Conductor! That way you can see if he's gonna fuck with you or not!:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I can sympathize; A few years ago on the first snow ski day of the season, I hit a piece of wood in the snow on the edge of a slope which launched me into the trees. I saw the trees coming so I used my arms to protect my head, and used my ribcage to absorb the impact of landing on a fallen log.

Damn that sucked; For several weeks it hurt to breathe, hurt to roll over in bed, and of course this all happened about 10 days before I moved from the South side of town to the North side. And I missed the first month of skiing.>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

at least it wasnt as silly as some of the injuries I have heard of...

imagine being the dumbass who gets really hurt right after saying...

"Here, hold my beer, watch this":P:)

Hope ya heal quick :)
Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Aww man that sucks, good thing it's winter though. maybe.

ummm did people laugh at you when you bounced off?? Or were they like ahh man are you ok? I have to know.

Dude - it was NEW YAWK - what do YOU think??? :D:D:D

Peter - hope you're better soon
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Peter,

Some years back, I tore the tissue between 2 ribs halfway down my rib cage. The pain was excrutiating and the worst part was the breathing. I remember taking only shallow breaths and periodically my body would just heave and take a deep breath. It was completely involuntary. I guess I just needed the air. Holy shit was that painful. It took 2 weeks for me to heal, but I didn't have a broken rib.

Hope you heal fast and I hope they gave you good pain meds. Sleeping in a recliner chair helped me a lot. I couldn't tolerate the pain if I slept in my bed.

Peter.... [:/]

I hope you slept well (or at least ok) last night.

Breathing is QUITE important and kind of a necessary thing (I think I remember something about that in medical school :S )

Hopefully it mends itself quickly. :)
I would say, "next time, take a cab" but I smile remembering the challenges that you offered about making it to the airport on next to nothing.... I don't think you would just take the cab. :D:D:D