D22369

microsoft vista

anyone know where to get a copy of vista without paying the rediculous fee?

I would like to upgrade but for the $$$ it isnt really worth it.

(ok... I am cheap) :P

Roy

I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of awesome posts in this thread but if you are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sure that you want Vista, I'd recommend that you get an OEM version at one of the many online computer stuff retailers.

directron.com is one of my personal favorites but that's probably because they are not all that far from where I live and I can just drive over there and pick up my order.

Walt

Get a friend who works at Microsoft to buy it for you at the company store. I haven't paid full retail for a Micro$oft product since I moved to Seattle. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Don't upgrade to Vista, you will be so sorry. I work in HSI support and people call me with Vista issues all day long;)

Agreed. I have Vista on my laptop and XP on my desktop. I still have way too much trouble with Vista. I can name about three system programs I've had to disable already just because Vista doesn't like them, like the COM surrogate thing. And it completely hates Windows Media Player 11. If I had known it was going to be this much trouble, I would have wiped it to start with and installed XP.

And about the RAM, I have 1GB Ram installed and Vista *eats* it. At this moment, I'm running Mozilla and Media player and it's burning 80% of my memory.
"Analyze this!"
http://www.myspace.com/poppyfunk

What possible reasons do you have for wanting/needing to install VISTA?

a friend gave me a game that requires vista as the operating system is all. and it looks like a bad ass game, but I am not willing to pay the rediculous $$ for vista to play it.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

What possible reasons do you have for wanting/needing to install VISTA?

a friend gave me a game that requires vista as the operating system is all. and it looks like a bad ass game, but I am not willing to pay the rediculous $$ for vista to play it.

Roy

Your friend might be playing a game with YOU ;):D:D

I'm an MCT and MCSE and I use XP Pro. ;)

What possible reasons do you have for wanting/needing to install VISTA?:S

Masochism.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.