jshatzkin

Weird things that pets eat

My male orange tabby (seems to want attention at the moment) likes walnuts. He sometimes licks my armpits if I don't get out of bed fast enough - it doesn't feel good with a cat's sandpaper like tongue.

Yup, that's different! Maybe, your cat likes your deoderant!?

Chuck

The Cat:
Olives

We've noticed before Sabre goes bonkers for olive juice (like on your fingers when you're just plucking them from the jar and scromping), but just now I needed to make room in my refrigerator door for some roasted red bells and decided to join the two jars of kalamata olives we had--only a few did not fit.

I dumped those few in the sink (wasn't in the mood for olives, was already drinking something fruity) and two seconds later Sabre jumped on the counter (this is not unusual), got into the sink (also not unusual but never in the kitchen) and stuck his head down toward the drain hole in a fierce attempt to get an olive. :S:S:S

I immediately picked his fluffy butt up, dried his paws, kissed him and laughed. I didn't let him have one though. I wasn't sure if they were OK. Generally I don't give him people food; it upsets his belly--even the smallest bit.

I did a quick google search and seems many kittehs enjoy zee olive, no?

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

My dogs eat pretty much everything I eat. They especially like broccoli. I don't eat my broccoli, so they get it. PC likes to steal my undies, tissues and pens. LB doesnt eat much unusual stuff, but did break my favorite bowl when he snitched the avocados.

My dog is another fan of soap, but she also likes body lotion. Blech.

Chester, one of the cats, has a penchant for the little plastic pill capsules. I really have to watch him because he'll eat those like they're going out of style and I don't want him getting one with medicine in it. If he can't have that, potato chips are a close second.

Lily, the other cat, will eat pretty much anything but is a big fan of spaghetti. She also likes mashed potatoes but it depends on where you get them from. She's picky--they must come from the right restaurant or they get ignored. :S

TPM Sister #102

Poop [:/]

Mine too. I don't let him eat human food but he gets some on occasion.

People at the dz feed have fed him before I corrected them and he's an olympic sprinter when he sits out side the kitchen when food is prepared.

The Pill from the "my dog almost died" thread is the worst thing he's eaten as far as health issues.

It wasnt until I saw him eat what i guess was squirrel poo that I relaized why. They are, bite sized, firm on the outside and soft on the inside just like the treats I give him.:D

He may actually smell some sort of nutrients in it but judging by his breath I'd say no.
My photos

My Videos