skymama

Now that's just crazy talk

We're working on a mass mailing at work. My Dad is creating the letter and I'm editing it. I just made him do his third version of the letter. He finally said, "we're trying to sell houses, not get an A on a paper".

What? That's ludicrous! How can you ever not want to get an A on a paper? :o

Perfectionists unite! Who's with me?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to English and spelling. You always want to make an excellent first impression.

The rest afterwards is just to fuck with their minds. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We're working on a mass mailing at work. My Dad is creating the letter and I'm editing it. I just made him do his third version of the letter. He finally said, "we're trying to sell houses, not get an A on a paper".

:D:D:D:D

guilty :$

My friends learn quickly if they want help editing - its all or nothing :D:D

oh, and tell him three versions is not so bad - the last person I 'helped' well I lost count at 20 drafts :D:D he doesn't speak to me anymore :D:D
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

My friends learn quickly if they want help editing - its all or nothing

My son won't even let me edit his papers anymore, he says I'm too picky. :ph34r:

My daughter drives me crazy because she's ok with a C for a grade. If I would have gotten a C on something in school, I would have cried!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My friends learn quickly if they want help editing - its all or nothing

My son won't even let me edit his papers anymore, he says I'm too picky. :ph34r:

My daughter drives me crazy because she's ok with a C for a grade. If I would have gotten a C on something in school, I would have cried!

:$ guilty again - I wasn't happy with anything less than 100 :S

I recently supervised (I wouldn't do it for her, if she had questions, I would answer but she had to do it) a friend's daughter with her science project and it nearly killed me. Me: Wow that turned out good, very creative. The assignment says you need to label the parts. Her: Oh, thats just 10 points, I will leave them off.

:o:o

Then the teacher gave her 100% anyway :|
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

I've thrown away fliers, letters, etc if they had bad grammar or spelling. Same with stupid fonts and lame graphics. I've also called companies who have fliers placed on my front door to inform them that due to their advertising tactics I would not be soliciting their business.

All in all, though, I despise mass mailings. That is unless the mass mailing has coupons for my favorite pizza places, then I'll keep the coupons.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My opinion, anything you are putting out to the public should be perfect.

Oh, he knows it needs to look professional. Now I'm down to the commas and am looking up comma rules on the internet. He said if I don't know the rules with my education level, than the person reading it probably won't either. I think he just wants me to stop fussing with it and start stuffing envelopes!

As much as I don't enjoy editing and re-editing papers over and over again.

The fact that it's going into the public eye, even if you're "just trying to sell houses" means it needs to be gramatically correct as it's likely to be scrutenized.

(of course posts in the bonfire don't need to be gramatically correct)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Tell your dad that I'll do the editing!

Walt

Just about every one of my college papers was turned in at the last minute because I never stopped editing. OCD? Just a bit :P

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

-I completely agree with you, skymama...it needs to be perfect if it is going to be bringing in business. Like Dave said; I throw out any type of ad that has grammar and spelling errors. To me, it's an indication of the level of customer service and attention to detail I'll be receiving if I deal with that company.

I edit resumes, proposals, etc for friends all of the time. :$ Nobody here will believe it, but I can catch spelling and grammatical errors with incredible accuracy. It's ironic that I'm such a good proofreader, as I can't actually write anything out myself with accurate spelling and grammar! :|

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.