Cajones

Saving lives with your computer.

Open My Computer.
Click on the "C" drive.
Click on "Program Files".
Click on "Folding@Home".
Right click on FAHlog.txt.
Scroll to "Send to" and click "Desktop-Create Shortcut".
This will put a link on your desktop. Click the link anytime and scroll down to see how far along you are.
Then add this link to your desktop http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=31515.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hey people,

I think it's time for you all to fess up to the names you're using. Alot of the names on the user stats page don't match up to the names here.......

Mine matches, and some more of my work units have finally been added. I'm movin' on uuuuup, to the top, to a deeeeelux apartment, in the sky hihihi....

;)

A mate of mine is Sub, he doesn't post here and doesn't skydive (silly sod) :)
Rich M

We have passed Team #1, and aiming higher.

117 team members on the roster, including a few whuffos, and a nice showing by BadDog_Skydiving_Gear.

If you're not already on the team - come join us in helping find the cure for degenerative diseases. I know there's a whole bunch of untapped computer power out there in our little community. Why not put it to work?

More on dropzone.com. More from the people that make this happen at Stanford University.

Share the love!

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

***BUMP***

From page 4....[:/]

Another flash about the new core: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/reloaded/

And what it's all about: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/reloaded/Gromacs.html

We need MORE people to get on the bandwagon here!

Of all the people out there, there's a few that come to mind that do not have their names on the list.

Bill Von comes to mind....

It's your life, live it!

I'm ready for an update on the stats... Rich?

Based on the last 3 days processing and assuming no changes in processing power by any team - we will take
position 75 in 12 days
position 60 in 32 days
position 50 in 112 days
position 43 in 3 years
position 42 in 7.5 years and hold

kicking butt B|

Time to update the forecast? BTW, RichM, do you prefer 4th or 5th? ;)

signed up, so this thing doesnt effect preformance while youre working on your computer? How is that possible, as I am reading web pages right now and its "working"?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I'm not a computer person and we have plenty here that can better answer but basically no, you will not see any performace change. If you are just reading a web page that had already been pulled up and not scrolling or anything your proccecor is doing hardly anything. So with folding installed it would do some calculations while you read. When you do something the folding stops immediately. I have it on 6 computers and haven't had any trouble and can't tell any difference in performance.

Welcome to the team!

You're essentially right Opie. I have noticed though, that folding never actually stops. If you watch your task manager, it has peaks and valleys of CPU usage. Whatever CPU cycles are needed by a program it gives up, but it keeps churning with the rest of them.

For example, folding on this machine holds a steady 98% most of the time, but drops to about 15% when I open Outlook. Of course, this only lasts a few seconds, then Outlook is loaded into memory and folding peaks right back up to 98%.
It's your life, live it!

I've been clawing my way up the ranks but it looks like I'm about to hit my limit. Those top ten guys have some high scores. Unless some people want to form an alliance under the name Opie;) Actually it's just good to see the whole team doing well and hopefully we're helping find some answers and cures for a few diseases.

They must be racists. A second WU is started now, and still not on the board.... not fair.[:/]

I'm blaming Jessicakes.

she must have caved in (I'm not saying she has a cave or anything, just that she, um, nevermind. Please don't hurt me Jessica)

Anyway, you are on the board. Welcome!

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=31515
It's your life, live it!