boinky

Are You Happy?

I've been told that I am happy at least 95% of the time, but probably closer to 97-98% of the time. In fact, I have been described as "too happy." *scratches head in confusion* Can you be too happy? :S

I'm serious when I need to be. And I have my random unhappy, depressed or mad moments. Otherwise, I enjoy life and get happiness out of some of the littlest, silliest things. My poor boyfriend gets flooded with pictures of things that caught my attention and made me smile. And I just have to share that smile. :)

My favorite phrase is "LIFE IS GOOD!"[/BLUE][/B] I believe life is too short to be an unhappy person. :)

How about you? Think deeply. How do others perceive you? Would they say you're happy? Or would they use words like, "Constantly Unhappy, Grumpy, Bitchy, Sad, Moody, Depressed or Angry." [:/]

I would personally hate for someone to think about me and describe me to someone else as a mean or hateful person. How about you?
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I'm probably happy 95% of the time too. There's no such thing as 'too happy', but there is such a thing as overly perky...

The person who's constantly bubbling over with perkiness to the point of irritating can be described as 'too happy' I guess. The one who never shuts up, constantly tells everyone else to be happy, often coming across as superficial and getting in other people's faces with it.

It's all in the presentation, I think. What you feel inside and what you show outside are two different things and affect other people in different ways.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Just the other day, I was "accused" by another associate in the firm of being too happy to be a lawyer. She threatened to turn me in for disciplinary action. :D

I think I'm pretty happy on the whole, but I *know* I've been a lot happier since the wind tunnel and skydiving came along. It sounds a little bit trite, but it's true. Those things changed everything. And, just to prove it: :)

TPM Sister #102

You have valid points.

I guess I am perky and talk a lot. But I don't tell people to be happy. I just like being happy personally. :)
Trust me....they know when I'm unhappy too! I'm a big crybaby! :$

Nina

I only tend to have issues with people who appear to be "too happy" if they don't seem genuine in their happiness. Anything that appears forced or that is disproportionate to their reason for happiness tends to make me guarded. I don't have a problem with people who are naturally upbeat. They're refreshing! And, of course, I understand people looking on the bright side and making the most of unpleasant situations. It's just when things don't mesh well with reality that I begin to object.
TPM Sister #102

I think I'm pretty happy on the whole, but I *know* I've been a lot happier since the wind tunnel and skydiving came along. It sounds a little bit trite, but it's true. Those things changed everything.

I totally agree. Before I took my first tandem jump, I was my mother. Bitchy, never happy and nitpicked everything. Unfortunately, she's still like that now.

I did my first jump and was back the next weekend taking lessons.

Since then, I'm bouncy, easily pleased and cheerful most of the time. I even apologized to my kids for being such a bitch. Wanna' talk about the shock of the century??? :D
Nina

Before I took my first tandem jump, I was my mother. Bitchy, never happy and nitpicked everything. Unfortunately, she's still like that now.

I did my first jump and was back the next weekend taking lessons.

Since then, I'm bouncy, easily pleased and cheerful most of the time. I even apologized to my kids for being such a bitch. Wanna' talk about the shock of the century??? :D

I know. Isn't it amazing?! I never knew that I'd find joy in the air, but now that I know . . . there's no going back.
TPM Sister #102

I wasn't commenting on you specifically, since I don't know you, just in general ;)

I totally agree about skydiving making me a happier person, I'm much more amiable and laid back because of it.

People all show emotion differently... some are more 'in your face' about it than others (regardless of emotion... happy, sad, etc). It's just a matter of degree. Some people look completely flat-line no matter what is going on inside them, others are overly theatrical.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Bah Humbug.>:(

Now how does this response not really surprise me? :D:)
I'm happy - just in a grumpty - frustrated way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You need more KY jelly then. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you know?
:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I wasn't commenting on you specifically, since I don't know you, just in general

Oh, I didn't take it personally. I was sort of mulling it over to myself out loud, making sure I WASN'T that type of person. ;)
Nina

How do you know?

What, you don't think it would make Fistina happy? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you know?

What, you don't think it would make Fistina happy? :D

Fistina was SO LAST NIGHT!!!

Grippina is my new love.

I think I am a "Happy" Person. I agree that

My favorite phrase is "LIFE IS GOOD!" I believe life is too short to be an unhappy person.

I think that the trick to being a happy person is just in your perspective. Do you know those people that get annoyed at every little thing? Pathetic.....I'm working hard at not letting little stuff bug me, and as I get better, I become "Happier."

I also think I'm happy because I have a relatively balanced life. I jump on Friday and Saturday, go to church on sunday, and study Monday - Friday afternoon.
=========Shaun ==========

Hell ya! I have no mortgage, bills or car payements. I work 5-6 hour days, no weekends. I live in the mountains, ten minutes from a 3600' mountain that we paraglide off. My gf rocks, she made 14 skydives last year and one tandem paraglide this year. Next year she is going to solo. I wake up every day happy even when I have to work. It is a major goal in my life to be happy and stay happy.