DesertDevil

When is enough enough?

Well, that's a cheap shot. A few years ago, I had a student hurt her ankle because her foot got caught in nest rat hole in the landing area. It wasn't a crash landing. And that doesn't really have to do with my initial question.

In the picture someone apparently sent you and you posted, the passenger couldn't lift her legs up all the way, and so they were underneath me. I did my best not to slide on them. The student was perfectly fine, with no scratch.

You ask if I have a personal problem with someone; it looks like someone has a personal problem with me because posting that picture really isn't relevant to the initial question I asked.

I'm sorry if my posts seem to have an agenda. That wasn't my intent. I have better things to do than make personal attacks on dz.com and I'm sure readers have better things to do than read that type of stuff. As stated in the beginning of the thread, I had some things on my mind and was hoping to get some productive response from other people.

Stratostar, you sound like a respected jumper, and I don't have a problem with you. But I'd still like to know who you are. Do you mind filling your profile out or letting me know who you are? Thanks.

>"protect privacy " ? what a crock of shit...from what ?

Internet predators. One poster here has been fired from their job because a predator got enough personal information to be able to cause trouble for them at their place of employment. Several other posters have been harassed.

We encourage everyone to fill out their profile so other people can know who they are talking to, but in some cases there are good reasons not to. If this bothers you, by all means, do not read any posts from such people.

"protect privacy " ? what a crock of shit...from what ? credit card theives ? I pisses me off to no extent when i hear that pussy arguement......

I have no issue's with Stratostar what so ever, i am reacting to your comment only,,,i never understood those that do hide behind that statement......

Stand up guys like Billvon and DSE don't ever seem to whine like that ...i never understood why at minimum one can't include region of jumping, years, jumps and first name

Which is all you list. No last name, no e-mail, no address, city, or home dz.
What's up with that???????
Trying to protect your privacy?????
Or are you just, how would you say it, a "pussy"????

This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

Two incident stands out: an instructor lost his grip on his AFF student, which I suppose could happen to anyone, but he was both an older instructor who had several injuries that bothered him. His shoulder joint and neck got pulled on the exit. The student was left alone.

If being "left alone" when the student leaves the plane prematurely is that big of an issue, not enough time was spent on the ground training.

On your tandem shoulder example, that is injury related, and injured jumpers shouldn't be taking passengers/students if the injury could interfere with doing the job.

Well, that's a cheap shot. A few years ago, I had a student hurt her ankle because her foot got caught in nest rat hole in the landing area. It wasn't a crash landing. And that doesn't really have to do with my initial question.

It's not a cheap shot and it dose have to do with your initial question. Because it's about another persons perceptions. Your posting and stating your perception of another. I'm pointing out real events as well and by some other peoples perceptions of you from an observation of your instruction.

So that's same as you state about your events, there were factors in what happened that from your point of view caused the events, same could be said about the two events your ranting about, it's all about who's shoes your wearing.

In the picture someone apparently sent you

Nope it's in a thread for anyone to get (hint the link to the post), I remember them being posted by Scotty., not so fun now is it to have your own handy work being called into question by outside observations and with media that can be taken out of context or used to make you look bad.

because posting that picture really isn't relevant to the initial question I asked.

Sure the hell is, I or others could say your an old fuck who can't do stand up tandems and because you surf your students through the landing area and your known to bust up people that you have no business jumping/flying with students and your old ass needs to stay on the porch teaching ground school!

So again maybe you need change your perspective and move on, or back up your accusations with facts and take your facts to your regional director.

And as far my profile or my personal info, all you need to know is I'm a curent USPA AFF-I, S/L-I & JM, Sr Rigger, camera, first jump 8-83 and a I'm a lifer. The rest of my info is none of your business and is not relevant to this topic.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

In the picture someone apparently sent you and you posted, the passenger couldn't lift her legs up all the way, and so they were underneath me. I did my best not to slide on them. The student was perfectly fine, with no scratch.

Some students will get in the way, no matter what the TM does. I see TMs lift the passenger legs out of the way with their own and do the ass-slide landing, rather than risk tumbling a stand-up attempt.

"protect privacy " ? what a crock of shit...from what ? credit card theives ?[:/] I pisses me off to no extent when i hear that pussy arguement......

I have no issue's with Stratostar what so ever, i am reacting to your comment only,,,i never understood those that do hide behind that statement......

Stand up guys like Billvon and DSE don't ever seem to whine like that ...i never understood why at minimum one can't include region of jumping, years, jumps and first name :S[:/]

Although my info is posted and I'm easy to find...
When I was in the hospital following a skydiving incident, i was there under a patient number/no name. Even my family could not get information about whether I was there or not. Yet a nutjob skydiver showed up and made threats while I was in the ICU. Some people are really that "off."
Were it possible, I'd protect my privacy too.

. You can find out who I am by reading by profile or just ask.

Sparky

I know who you are, you're that old fart that's never at Snore when i visit:P:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's not a cheap shot and it dose have to do with your initial question. Because it's about another persons perceptions. Your posting and stating your perception of another. I'm pointing out real events as well and by some other peoples perceptions of you from an observation of your instruction.

So that's same as you state about your events, there were factors in what happened that from your point of view caused the events, same could be said about the two events your ranting about, it's all about who's shoes your wearing.

In the picture someone apparently sent you

Nope it's in a thread for anyone to get (hint the link to the post), I remember them being posted by Scotty., not so fun now is it to have your own handy work being called into question by outside observations and with media that can be taken out of context or used to make you look bad.

because posting that picture really isn't relevant to the initial question I asked.

Sure the hell is, I or others could say your an old fuck who can't do stand up tandems and because you surf your students through the landing area and your known to bust up people that you have no business jumping/flying with students and your old ass needs to stay on the porch teaching ground school!

So again maybe you need change your perspective and move on, or back up your accusations with facts and take your facts to your regional director.

And as far my profile or my personal info, all you need to know is I'm a curent USPA AFF-I, S/L-I & JM, Sr Rigger, camera, first jump 8-83 and a I'm a lifer. The rest of my info is none of your business and is not relevant to this topic.

I really don't know what your problem is. It's evident that you'll feel offended no matter what I say, even when I intend no offense. The only thing you've proven in your last post is that you're really good at taking things out of context and making unfounded claims. You say that am doing the same thing, but that is YOUR perception. I had no such motive. Because for some mysterious reason you are exempt from filling out your profile, I have no way to understand or address how your personal perception of me, your perception of my post, and your perception of my motives have become so inaccurate. If you don't like the question I posted, don't respond. Or help think of a better question.

In the meantime, as Bill suggested, I don't need to try to have a discussion/exchange insults with a guy who won't even give me his name. Two things that bother me: 1. People who act tough online without giving their name and 2. Liars

I really don't know what your problem is. It's evident that you'll feel offended......

Maybe what he means is this...

When you see part of a situation or event, it can look like something it is not. Maybe your perception of the "old" instructor is not complete and you should take Pops suggestion and go talk to him. Seeing (out of context maybe) short examples of your work might not be a good representation of your skill and ability. I don't think you should read into Stratostar’s post any farther than that. I think he only meant it as an example of how easy it is to use sound bites to misrepresent a situation. Hell, just look at our current state of politics.

Stratostar.... sorry if I didn't accurately restate your views... Who the Hell are you anyway? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

You know what. I screwed up by posting crap like this here. I got pissed about something, about someone attacking me without any reason. Today I talked to the person I alluded to in my post. He said he had nothing to do with it ,and I believe him. I apologized to him. He's been in the sky a long time. I've known him for over ten years now. Without him, a lot of people wouldn't have become skydivers. Some of the posts here woke me up, so thanks. I'm a busy man, and I'm father of two. I feel like shit for the post.

You know what. I screwed up by posting crap like this here. I got pissed about something, about someone attacking me without any reason. Today I talked to the person I alluded to in my post. He said he had nothing to do with it ,and I believe him. I apologized to him. He's been in the sky a long time. I've known him for over ten years now. Without him, a lot of people wouldn't have become skydivers. Some of the posts here woke me up, so thanks. I'm a busy man, and I'm father of two. I feel like shit for the post.

With an attitude like this, you have no place in this sport.
I think everyone owes beer (myself included)
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

. You can find out who I am by reading by profile or just ask.

Sparky

Let me know next time you will be there. :P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sparky

So you can make sure to stay away that weekend?:o;)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Sparky

So you can make sure to stay away that weekend?:o;)

Be nice now. I showed up the last time you were there.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals