Bolas

Are you smarter than an asian baby?

it's a rubik's cube. there are strategies for solving them. they sell them with little booklets nowadays, telling you exactly how you can solve it. if you were to do that 50 times, I think you'd learn pretty well. it's just a matter of pattern-recognition: cube looks like this, then I move it like this, then like that, and that etc...

now, if they showed the kid did it in minimum number of moves or something, I'd be impressed. but the only thing they show is that the poor kid doesn't play with fancier toys and is trained how to learn stuff by well-organized repetition

oh, and it's not really a baby.

it's a rubik's cube. there are strategies for solving them. they sell them with little booklets nowadays, telling you exactly how you can solve it. if you were to do that 50 times, I think you'd learn pretty well. it's just a matter of pattern-recognition: cube looks like this, then I move it like this, then like that, and that etc...

"nowadays"?

Back in the day, I bought one of the books. I did just what you said and could solve the thing in under 4 minutes every time. And then, like now, I wasn't an Asian baby or any other sort of genius.

Funny story. I was showing my dad my skills. He figured I could do it faster if the cube was lubricated a little. So he got out the trusty can of WD40. It reacted with plastic and melted it into one sticky block of goo.

Peace,
-Jeff.

:P:P:P:)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

"nowadays"?
Back in the day, I bought one of the books. I did just

yeah, see? you had to buy the book. my point was that now they don't even let you bother... they just give it to you when you buy the cube... they don't even let you try to figure it out on your own

anyhow, I like your story.
my story is a little different: I had a cube and didn't know about the solving strategies, so I just broke it into pieces and reassembled it :)

my story is a little different: I had a cube and didn't know about the solving strategies, so I just broke it into pieces and reassembled it :)

You can also peel the stickers off and put back on. :)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

lets just face it, china is taking over the world, pretty soon we'll all be Chinese ;) did anyone see those pissed of monks the other day and how china is suppressing them? isn't it sort of the nature of a monk to be suppressed anyways? and aren't they supposed to always be calm and at peace?

lets just face it, china is taking over the world, pretty soon we'll all be Chinese ;) did anyone see those pissed of monks the other day and how china is suppressing them? isn't it sort of the nature of a monk to be suppressed anyways? and aren't they supposed to always be calm and at peace?

derek this is not the speaker's corner!