jwynne

Locate youtube hangar swoop

Someone showed me a pretty funny and well edited video of swooping into a hanger, the canopy catching on something and a realy nasty crash. It was done to "Another one bites the dust" I think. I just tried numerous searches on youtube without success. I'm sure someone here knows how to find it.
Thanks - Janna

we have a different sense of humour, i found nothing remotely amusing about seeing a guy slammed into concrete
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I do. And I know the guy. And if I know Tim, he was laughing too.. Not right away, but soon enough. Without a sense of humor - not malice - we couldn't do what we do. We start by laughing at ourselves.

well good for you, i dont care how funny in hindsight Frankenass may find it now.
In my world i do not find humour is seeing people (even people i know) being smashed against the ground
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'll bite. I don't know the guy, never met him. But I have watched the Frankenass video end-to-end and it's an impressive piece of black humo(u)r.

This guy takes his own situation, which is pretty grisly, and manages to make you laugh while you're cringing. Like the best of dark comedies, that's a skill. The YouTube clip doesn't have that.

But watching the whole thing is pretty brilliant. He's got the whole narrative arc - setup, climax, denoument. And as you're watching this crash (through your fingertips, cringing) from many different angles, you will start to laugh through your it. And no, he's not laughing right away, nor are all the people on the ground who are helping him - it's not that kind of story.

But told after the fact in the way that he tells it, it's funny.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

That Frankenass thing is pretty tame when you compare it to Mike Vederman's website about his encounter with the runway at WFFC '97 in Quincy, at www.deadmike.com

He takes it to a whole new level! :S I was there. I saw it happen, and it was one of the most gruesome incidents I've ever seen. He looked like he was on his last gasping breaths, blood streaming out of every orifice. He actually died, and the ambulance was enroute at a normal pace, then he took in a gasping breath and the EMTs told the driver to haul ass to the ER. An amazing recovery with countless surgeries. Damn, even Mike made a game you could play on his site called "Land Dead Mike" and you had to move a bed to where he would frap and save his ass! I dunno if it's still there, but it was funny as hell playing it. :D

Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas! Hiya Bolas!

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

we have a different sense of humour, i found nothing remotely amusing about seeing a guy slammed into concrete

"dark" parachuting humor was probably first recorded before you were born.

In case you haven't heard them, listen to "Blood on the Risers" and "Beautiful Streamer" recorded in 1958. The songs were probably many years old by then:

http://www.west-point.org/greimanj/west_point/songs/as/index.html

BSBD

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

"dark" parachuting humor was probably first recorded before you were born.

In case you haven't heard them, listen to "Blood on the Risers" and "Beautiful Streamer" recorded in 1958. The songs were probably many years old by then:

http://www.west-point.org/greimanj/west_point/songs/as/index.html

BSBD

Harry

Dark humour in general has been around for eons, but i still don't find anything amusing in seeing a guy smack into concrete, not just under a canopy i also ride motorbike and take no amusement from watching people crash and get hurt.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know tim well and have probably been on hundreds of loads with him. He is as tough as a bagfull of hammers and has been injured a number of times. He always blames only himself & strives to be better the next time. I think the hanger jump changed him a bit and made him slow down. However I have watched many amazing swoops over the years. Man that guy could really fart at about 10,000 feet.