BillyVance

The new 5 dollar bill

We know, we know, you dang furriners throw this at us 'mericans every (and I do mean EVERY) time we get to bitching about gas prices.

The difference is: in Europe, from where you are standing, you can throw a brick and hit half a dozen other countries. Everything you could possibly need is a reasonable walk from your flat. Here, I have to drive an hour each way just to get to WORK. Never mind how far I have to go to do anything fun.

Give us a few hundred more years, the US will be as tightly packed as Europe, and we won't be bitching about the price of gas anymore.

relevant smileys: :P and [:/]

Elvisio "that is all" Rodriguez

P.S I drive 80 miles each way to work too

80 miles? Shit, I didn't know Europe went eighty miles in any one direction. Does this involve long ferry rides? How many border crossings with pissed-off soldiers wearing fuzzy hats do you need to make?

Elvisio "chuckles to self, because nobody else will" Rodriguez

80 miles? Shit, I didn't know Europe went eighty miles in any one direction.

European roads don't go aa freaking METERS in one direction. That's one thing America does have a handle on - STRAIGHT LINES FOR ROADS! There's a reasonable probability that the 80 mile drive is less than 10 miles as the crow flies.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

European roads don't go aa freaking METERS in one direction. That's one thing America does have a handle on - STRAIGHT LINES FOR ROADS! There's a reasonable probability that the 80 mile drive is less than 10 miles as the crow flies.

Ah HA! That's it, sounds good: we'll blame the ROMANS! Great engineers, my ass!

Elvisio "no wonder the empire fell" Rodriguez

80 miles? Shit, I didn't know Europe went eighty miles in any one direction.

I guess you have never been on a UK motorway. That is the roads people use most of the time.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So you have a theory for the British.. How about here in Australia where we pay 6usd a gallon?

Must have something to do with being "down under". Hell, I hear even the toilets flush backwards down there. I wouldn't mind it being warm for Christmas, though.

Do marsupials get to use the HOV lanes?

Elvisio "crocodile Ikedee" Rodriguez

In 1975, entry-level construction labor paid $6 an hour.
I made $9 an hour as a rodbuster.

I paid 50 cents a gallon for the highest octane gas for my sports car. It cost $5 to fill the 10 gallon tank.

Gas is now over 7 times as expensive.
Income is still the same for a lot of people.

Out of curiosity how much of that represents taxes?

Here in the US it's about $.47 a gallon on average.

Sorry, I don't know... I'll try to find out (way too much, I kinow that much!!)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Speakers Corner in 4...3...2...OUCH.

I don't have a car in NYC but milk has always been more expensive than gas.

Wanna bowl of raisin bran with some petro?

Oh. wait..this is about the new $5 bill..is that the one with the BIG FIVE on the back right corner? I was totally insulted..like my money was being made by Crayola.

In Europe..they make money with risers on it for the blind. We put stupid Crayola shit on the money that you can't feel out.

3....2....1....~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

South America's where it's at! About $.04/L in Venezuela, I think it was about $.3/L in Peru.

The only bad thing is all the fumes from the ANCIENT fucking vehicles that people can afford to keep running at these prices:S

I got nuthin

<>

In a sensible country we make the notes a different size... how clever is that?

That would certainly help the blind. I work with deaf/blind clients, taking them shopping, etc. One guy pays for his groceries with all new $20 bills. When the change comes back, I have to sign in his hands what each bill is, and he has a pocket to put each kind in separately.

Pretty interesting...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One guy pays for his groceries with all new $20 bills. When the change comes back, I have to sign in his hands what each bill is, and he has a pocket to put each kind in separately.

Pretty interesting...

I'm curious...has the more frequent availability of paying by check card made situations like this easier?

Give us a few hundred more years, the US will be as tightly packed as Europe, and we won't be bitching about the price of gas anymore.

Don't worry in a few hundred years there won't be any gas left.:o

Willy

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

That would certainly help the blind. I work with deaf/blind clients, taking them shopping, etc. One guy pays for his groceries with all new $20 bills. When the change comes back, I have to sign in his hands what each bill is, and he has a pocket to put each kind in separately.

In Canada, we have braille-like markings on the corners of our paper money...

In Europe, they have different sized bills for each denomination.

Time for the Federal Reserve to catch up with the Joneses ;)

Out of curiosity how much of that represents taxes?

Here in the US it's about $.47 a gallon on average.

Sorry, I don't know... I'll try to find out (way too much, I kinow that much!!)
I thought that was what the Telly tax was for. :SB|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

In Canada, we have braille-like markings on the corners of our paper money...

In Europe, they have different sized bills for each denomination.
Pssssh! In NYC they don't even have a decent popcorn sideway on the subway..you know the yellow railis thing for the blind?

We kinda sorta hang out and see who's about to fall over. some of us help but you're on your own here. Sucks.~~April

Time for the Federal Reserve to catch up with the Joneses ;)

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!