sharimcm

Name my kitten and win!

Yeah, sorry about that. I got started and couldn't stop. I don't have a pet so I'm making up for it I guess.[:/]

Uh-huh...trying to guilt-trip your way into winning the contest? I'll have you know I'm 100% recovering Catholic...you'll have to do better than that.

That makes sense, though. I don't have kids, so everytime someone at work is expecting I always seem to come up with the name suggestions that never get taken.

I've got a pet cockatiel you can have if you want...

After looking at her picture a few times, these come to mind:

Daisy
Bella
Cookie - I'm leaning toward Cookie for some reason.
(I knew a cat named Streudal!)

I wish I had some advice for the introduction process, but I've never actually done it so I'll have to leave that to others who have, but good luck. I'm sure it will all work somehow.
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I've got a pet cockatiel you can have if you want...

Oh! That's so nice, but, um, no thanks. I have kids rather than pets. [:/]

If I'd thought about it maybe I should have named my kids those names huh? That would have been unique! Instead of Ryan, Amelia, Brett and Melissa I could have named them Evo, Raven, Blade and Katana! :D

If I'd thought about it maybe I should have named my kids those names huh? That would have been unique! Instead of Ryan, Amelia, Brett and Melissa I could have named them Evo, Raven, Blade and Katana! :D

Hey...if they ever complain about their names tell 'em about the Zappa kids - Dweezil, Moon Unit, Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen, and Ahmet Emuukha Rodin. Your Mother's Day take will go up exponentially...:P

Myke - which is Japanese for Calico (pronounced me-kay, as in the beginning of Michelangelo).

or

Kinu - which is Japanese for silk (in the theme of your previous cat named Kashmir)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How about Moneypenny?

We've introduced three other cats to my now 19 year old, Orville. All three were on meds when we got them from the shelter, pink eye in one case and some sort of cold in the other two. We kept the new cat in the guest bedroom for a week or so while they went through their meds. Orville could smell them (we moved his food dish near the guest room door), and the new kitteh could smell Orville. They would sometimes talk to each other through the door. After the new cat was healthy enough, we spent a day with the door cracked open so that they could see each other. After that, we introduced them in our back yard, so they had plenty of room to get away from the other one if needed. By then they were curious about each other and after a few butt sniffs, they would go their own way. No real problems since then.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

I should name her CoraKitts after you. ;):D

Or maybe St. Kitts... Or Saint (although she is NO saint for sure).

This little ball of fur is fiesty! B|

:D That's cute. Thanks for the call last night, by the way! It was nice to hear from you.

The Saint part could be tongue in cheek. :) *cough* not that I'd know anything about that *cough*

Whatever you name her, make sure you give her a scratch a day for me, k? B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I agree with a previous poster: Yoda!

As for getting along with resident cats, a new cat should always be confined to a separate room with it's own bowls/litter/toys for 1-2 weeks and there should only be a slow, gradual introduction to the rest of the gang by propping the door open so they can stick a paw through or baby gates stacked on top of each other. These encounters should be accompanied with a tasty treat for all cats involved.
Unfortunately it seems that your little guy is amids hostile territory and the other cat never got a chance to get used to her little by little. Let's hope that eventually she'll get over it.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

I like Fozz's idea of Cali. She looks like a Cali.

Very cute, congrats on the new addition. :)

Thanks! :)

As far as introductions go, I kept the kitten isolated the first 24 hours. I then showed my cat the kitten, and of course, she hissed, growled, spit, etc. I've been doing periodic 'showings' to my older cat and spending time with both the kitten and her individually. Today I put the kitten in her carrier and let my cat 'watch' her. She got close to smell her then ran when the kitten hissed. My cat did perfect with two dogs, but with another cat... She's pissed.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I think it looks like Patches.

;)

But Trouble is good too.

It just pisses me off when people just leave cats out to fend for themselves. Especially here in Norway where it gets really cold in winter. Sure, some cats just get lost by themselves, but people could have gotten them microchipped and neutered and made more of an effort to find them, then we wouldn't have this problem. If people can't afford to do that, then they can't afford to have cats.

>:(

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

As far as introductions go, I kept the kitten isolated the first 24 hours. I then showed my cat the kitten, and of course, she hissed, growled, spit, etc. I've been doing periodic 'showings' to my older cat and spending time with both the kitten and her individually. Today I put the kitten in her carrier and let my cat 'watch' her. She got close to smell her then ran when the kitten hissed. My cat did perfect with two dogs, but with another cat... She's pissed.

24 hours is simply not enough. Initial hissing and growling is normal, but you have to give them more time than that. Ladybug is defending her territory from an intruder, and the kitten is scared shitless. The idea of a prolonged isolation and gradual intro is for the cats to understand that there is no threat and to associate each other's presence with good things (treats) which you provide. Alltogether, you must give the kitties up to two months to pack in the hostile behavior. If there is still hissing and growling after all that time, you may have to make a difficult decision.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

If there is still hissing and growling after all that time, you may have to make a difficult decision.

The cats have made good progress today. I was 'showing' my older cat the kitten when the kitten's claws came out and shredded my arm. I just let go of her to go tend to my bleeding wounds. When I came out of the bathroom, my cat was chasing the kitten around the house. When the kitten would stop and give my cat the look, Ladybug would change directions and the kitten would then chase her. :D They've been out together for about 6 hours now. The only hissing I've heard is when one of them catches the other one off guard. I'm still keeping them separated at night and when I'm not home until *I* am comfortable with leaving them alone together. I hope to not have to make that difficult decision.

As for the kitten's name, I will make my decision tomorrow. Just to keep everyone posted, it is a name that someone here suggested. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

K, that is about all I can think of unless you want to go with the standby Seatee. (C-A-T)
:)

My sister had a frog years ago that she called mr. efferogee (Mr. F-R-O-G):D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.