daveporter

Skydive Chicago

Well.... Geee.. 3 Super Otters, a DC-3, A Bell 222 chopper some weekends. If thats not enough planes you might want to look at taking over a small countys Air Force for better.;)
Facilities? Well its pretty close to a country club with the Air Conditioned/heated hanger. (2 Super Otters fit so packing space is'nt a problem). The is Pond, the RV hook ups, the Camping areas, the gear shop (Say hi to Sunshine if you go to it), the deli, the rest is great too.
Be safe, be smooth, be fast..... and most importantly.... be phree :)

I think it is safe to say that the helicopter is gone for the season, but will return next year. 2 super otters are still flying on the weekends, large hangar with padded indoor packing and dirt diving, 3 big screen tvs for video debriefs. Friendly people, lots of freeflyers and belly flyers at all levels, so you should find someone to jump with. Also, full service gear store with on site rigging, bunkhouse(s), heated shower house, laundry facilities, deli, bar and auditorium, and lots of space to camp, but it is getting chilly! (which also makes the pond somewhat less attractive for swimming and/or swooping.)
Of course there is also Chicagoland Skydiving in Hinkley, or Skydive Illinois in Morris, both within about a 30 mile radius of Skydive Chicago, and both a little bit closer TO Chicago. Smaller, not quite the same facilities, but with friendly people as well, and turbine aircraft.

What sort of ghetto country club have you been going to? There facilities are nice, but I haven't seen too many country clubs with tents and run down traillers/rv's parked out back.
I have seen nicer facilities (such as Perris Valley). Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad place. If you go there definitely say hello to Sunshine and Tall Guy.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

Well most the Country Clubs that I've been allowed in here in Ohio have lots of tents and stuff set up all around. I no longer have the money to join any club that has a fee so the freebie clubs look pretty good to me :)Be safe, be smooth, be fast..... and most importantly.... be phree :)

our little tincan and grass runway amongst the corn allows us to jump just fine, i love the casa... but... the showers do smell funny, and the flies are really bad, but the people are good, so it's where i'd rather be every weekend....
BUT skydive chicago is like skydiver's heaven in the midwest. the showers smell bad there too, but the hangar, which i've seen 3 otters in at one time, and the kinda jumpin you can do there... can't be beat anywhere... if you get to chicago, say hey to missy, rook and mikeO for me... and roger of course
:)lew:S

"This Place Sucks" - Skydive Chicago's motto
Like Lew said, cool place (except the showers smells)
I wouldn't want it as a home DZ, I'm much happier with our 'little' DZ, grass strip and all. The only thing that smells there is Bobo ;)
Then, I saw these two guys swoopin across the pond, and I was like 'weeeeeee!!!!'

HOLY SHIT DAVE!!!!!! Its about time you got on this site!! Hey I missed your call before you left hope your having a good time. Hey if you read this SD salt lake having a halloween boogie oct 27-29. on sunday their going to 16000 for 20$.(free oxygen for all)!!yee-haw!!! In your words " peeece of shiit!!!;)
jason
jason

Summerfest ROCKS!! B|

I jump at SDC and I think it's pretty damn nice. The hangar is the bomb - so much padded packing space, huge tvs to watch your vids on, couches, lockers, etc. And when it gets too hot, you can step into the air-conditioned lobby to cool off.
There is also a huge landing area with lots of outs, a swoop pond, and a cafe.

Normally we have 2 otters but for Summerfest they bring in a lot of other aircraft. I think this year they're gonna have a Casa, King Air, and a Pitts. Maybe a helicopter, too.

Don't miss it!!!:)
p.s. What smell in the shower house? If you are talking about the sulfer smell in the water there, it is much better now. They put filters on the water supply now so you don't smell it anymore.

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

This thread is a few years old. The showers did indeed smell pretty bad a few years ago. Mostly sulfer, but people would dump bottles of bleach into the well to cover the sulfer- made for a very interesting combination! But, they re-dug the well and added a filter so the water doesn't smell bad anymore, at least not to me.

This thread is a few years old. The showers did indeed smell pretty bad a few years ago. Mostly sulfer, but people would dump bottles of bleach into the well to cover the sulfer- made for a very interesting combination! But, they re-dug the well and added a filter so the water doesn't smell bad anymore, at least not to me.

I've noticed the mens shower house only smells bad when your MONKEEE-ASSS boyfriend is in there taking a shower.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I will be flying to Chicago and will want to jump while there. Skydive Chicago's website doesn't give any info to the up jumper that I found (i.e. what planes, facilities, etc.). Any info from someone would be greatly appreciated. Dave Porter

Are you serious? Its SDC, the mecca of all DZ's
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664