djurbanski

DaKine -Paid for a suit Sept 28, 05 still do not have it!

I ordered a camera suit from DaKine Rags (Chuck Priest) on Sept 28, 05 for $564 and of this date Jan 24, 06 10pm still have not received it. If you think that you want to wait over 4 months to get a suit or maybe not even get one..go for it! This man has promised and promised and promised....but has not delivered. Tell all your friends..............stay away!

that's shameful. :( i'll take your advice for sure.

it won't make you feel better but, in the 4+ years that i've been skydivng, i've purchased 5 custom-built pieces of gear (2 jumpsuits, 2 containers, 1 main) from all different "major" companies and not a single one has been on time.

it's pretty common across the board but 4 months is crazy. have you even been in contact with chuck? i know that someone recently had a problem that they couldn't even get in touch with dakine.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

My last contact (voice) was end of Sept, then lost contact as he has moved , disconnected his phone, and did not answer his e-mail, till I threatened action. Then he e-mailed with a sob story Jan 12,06 saying he was finishing it up, as it needed cuffs and collar. He has been giving excuse after excuse and delivery date after delivery date.

If you have paid for the suit and still have not received it to date, then get in touch with the consumer advocate department in the state the jumpsuit maker resides in. That might get the ball rolling. It happened to a friend of mine who sent his old Dive Rite suit to the maker in Tennessee for repairs. Didn't see it for 3 or 4 months too, even after repeated calls and emails demanding it back. He called the state department that handles consumer complaints. They got in touch with the maker, and he had his suit back in less than a week.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

in the 4+ years that i've been skydivng, i've purchased 5 custom-built pieces of gear (2 jumpsuits, 2 containers, 1 main) from all different "major" companies and not a single one has been on time.

My Infinity was delivered a few days early, the original estimate was 5 weeks (4 years ago). I somehow managed to not call/bother them until the 4 week point, and on that day they were finished and inspecting it. B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Ordered a freefly suit from DaKine at the WFFC about four years ago. Promised eight weeks. Didn't get it till January. They took the measurements and it was wrong size in the sleeves, the crotch, the torso and the legs. Never again.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

At this time......... I feel no peace!

While i understand how you feel (Been There) When you do recieve your camera suit it will all be forgotten. If you wish a refund, send Chuck a certified letter by mail, i'm more than certain he'll comply. I know this doesn't get you your camera suit any quicker, but hopefully it provided some contact numbers.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

My last contact (voice) was end of Sept, then lost contact as he has moved , disconnected his phone, and did not answer his e-mail, till I threatened action. Then he e-mailed with a sob story Jan 12,06 saying he was finishing it up, as it needed cuffs and collar. He has been giving excuse after excuse and delivery date after delivery date.

Lame. I would think that skydivers, esp., would not want this type of Karma. :S

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

I think we've all accepted 8 to 12 weeks wait for any gear as "normal". Also, the $400-$500 jump suits are becoming more common.

It doesn't have to be this way. I recently received a RW jump suit I ordered from a company in Thailand. They said it would ship within 7 days of order, and it did. It took another week or so to get to me. The cost: $100 for the suit (RW suit with booties), and about $45 for shipping.

Keep posting the good and bad stories about manufacturers. Often times, a grumble written here can generate some action on the part of the manufacturer -- apparently not the case this time, though. If nothing else, others can learn which ones to stay away from.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I recently received a RW jump suit I ordered from a company in Thailand.

What company? Please share.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It's kind of funny ever since I started jumping in 99 I've heard stories like this. It seems like when he is very motivated suits get done fast and are on your door step in no time, and when he isn't so motivated people wait months to get their suit. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

It doesn't have to be this way. I recently received a RW jump suit I ordered from a company in Thailand.

I'd pay more to buy american... Nothing against a company in thailand. I just wouldn't want to see american jumpsuit manufacturers move production to asia like every clothing maker. Prices would come down, but so would quality...

My Bev suit that I got a few weeks ago (took ~2 weeks) was nearly $400... luckily I had a $195 off certificate.

Dave