brianfry713

Weekend numbers July 19-20, 2008

What happened? Looks like I missed all the excitement this weekend.

Sunset cross country (though not that far out). I had a bag hesitation and then opened into about 5 linetwists. It was stable for a second and I tried to keep it that way...started making progress but then it went with me stuck on my back. Two or three revolutions while trying to riser steer it were enough for me to decide to chop it...at somewhere near 12,000' and 3 miles out. I'd told everyone before the load that common courtesy was to follow the shit if someone before you chopped, but I exited first and found myself all alone...so I gave up on my freebag and followed my main. Landed in some hilly free-range stuff over by that rock quarry or whatever it is. Started para-hiking with both canopies in my arms. Yelled at some cows, was just past the point of no return going over a barbed wire fence when I noticed the "cow" closest to me that was staring at me had 4 ears . . . then I realized two of them weren't ears...and me with a big bright yellow "cape" in my arms :o:D I yelled at him and he ran away. Hiked to the freeway and got a ride from Solid...went up in the 182 yesterday and spotted my freebag then hiked in (for about an hour and a half! :S) and recovered it. I think I officially reached the point of "cynic" when having a reserve ride produced very little adrenaline, but within 15 seconds of opening I was laughing and yelling "Thanks everyone, enjoy the beer back home, don't worry, I got it...I'll just follow this down over here" . . . followed by "Great, I bet they won't even send the truck" :ph34r: and various other punch lines. Riding brakes and circling a main from that altitude can be rather boring (and dizzying) . . . I had to do something to pass the time and I wanted to make sure I didn't get so bored that I acted on my inkling to catch the main and follow the freebag. B|:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

John gave Dana her first kiss pass while I watched. ;)

:$:):D

:)
Pretty nice weekend, 2 tandems, an AFF 1, and 2 fun jumps with V and Roo. Great airshow on Sunday. Hour and a half stuck in traffic getting out, though.:S

Dave, sorry about your chop. Like your idea for the top skin on your reserve.:D

0:3:0

3 jumps on sunday... 1 tandem video, 1 hoop dive video (for one of our jumpers 7000th skydive) and a 3-way hybrid jump.

I hung out with my girlfriend, as well as her mom and sister on Saturday... :)

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

0 point round 6:10:0

Spent Saturday filming the 4 way team SlowTrax as part of the MESL and then did 2 tandem videos. Camped out at the DZ and then Sunday I did 2 jumps, a Hoop dive for Fang's 7000th and a hybrid with Scott and Beth. It was nice since we were stood up on the hill and they spun us both ways around. I split early since weather looked like it was moving in and I had stuff to do around the house.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What happened? Looks like I missed all the excitement this weekend.

Sunset cross country (though not that far out). I had a bag hesitation and then opened into about 5 linetwists. It was stable for a second and I tried to keep it that way...started making progress but then it went with me stuck on my back. Two or three revolutions while trying to riser steer it were enough for me to decide to chop it...at somewhere near 12,000' and 3 miles out. I'd told everyone before the load that common courtesy was to follow the shit if someone before you chopped, but I exited first and found myself all alone...so I gave up on my freebag and followed my main. Landed in some hilly free-range stuff over by that rock quarry or whatever it is. Started para-hiking with both canopies in my arms. Yelled at some cows, was just past the point of no return going over a barbed wire fence when I noticed the "cow" closest to me that was staring at me had 4 ears . . . then I realized two of them weren't ears...and me with a big bright yellow "cape" in my arms :o:D I yelled at him and he ran away. Hiked to the freeway and got a ride from Solid...went up in the 182 yesterday and spotted my freebag then hiked in (for about an hour and a half! :S) and recovered it. I think I officially reached the point of "cynic" when having a reserve ride produced very little adrenaline, but within 15 seconds of opening I was laughing and yelling "Thanks everyone, enjoy the beer back home, don't worry, I got it...I'll just follow this down over here" . . . followed by "Great, I bet they won't even send the truck" :ph34r: and various other punch lines. Riding brakes and circling a main from that altitude can be rather boring (and dizzying) . . . I had to do something to pass the time and I wanted to make sure I didn't get so bored that I acted on my inkling to catch the main and follow the freebag. B|:D

Blues,
Dave

Let's see, follow Dave's freebag -- beer - follow Dave's --- beeerrrrr

DZ - here we come!!!!!!!!!!!B|
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"