Butters

German Beer

I was just this weekend in the Munic Hofbräuhaus for some beer. Can't beat it. Don't know if you can get it in the US though.

Don't know that I've ever seen it bottled. A few bars in NYC serve it, and there is a Hofbräuhaus on the Newport Levy (Cincinnati/KY border on the Ohio River).

Definitely haven't run into it in Texas.
Killing threads since 2004.

Most of what you'll get is watered-down exports.
However, of these Warsteiner is pretty good IIRC, and so is Paulaner.

Never seen HB in the States.

Stay away from Bitburger. The export version is scheiß.

Please don't forget that there are plenty of wonderful Kraftbieren in the USA. Stone Brewery of San Diego makes wonderful stuff , as does Elysian in Seattle, and McMinnamins of Portland, OR (just ask billvon).

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

spaten :S one of the worst here. but probably still a lot better than the crap usually sold in the u.s.

come over to europe and see what beer can be like - original budweiser from czeske budejovice, or kozel from breclav B|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Stay away from Bitburger. The export version is scheiß.

I know just barely enough German to know that means shit. ;)

The best goddamn beer I ever drank, bar none, was some German beer I drank when I was over there for the Christmas holidays in 1994. I was told this particular beer was NOT sold in the U.S. as it was too potent to be allowed there and the company refused to water it down for sale there. I just wish I could remember the name of it, but I can't. I only had two bottles and they were slightly bigger than the normal 12 oz size. I just remember drinking one (no I didn't slam it) and got sleepy so I took a nap on the couch. Woke up and thought, "damn that was good, I'll go have another". After finishing off the 2nd one, I fell asleep again! And this was all in the afternoon! :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Celebrator Doppelbock, or Paulaner Salvator...actually most anything from Paulaner is pretty good. Steer clear of Becks and Warsteiner, they're crap.

A warning about the Celebrator, though: It's about $10 for a 4 pack, and it's strong stuff. You should be able to get it at any high end wine/beer store, like Total Wine.
The best things in life are dangerous.

yeah im not much for bitburg, but they do make a good Altbier. try going for Franziskaner, the import version is not as good as the domestic, but its still pretty good, you can get it in hefe, and dunkel, i like the dunkel, in germany, they make a Kristallklar and its pretty crisp.
really some of the best german beer you'll ever taste, is brewed in house. theres a little bar below the hooters in nuenkirchen that sells brew, you can buy it however you like, they pour it in front of you into these huge glass jugs to take home. indescribable, stumms is the name of the place, and when you finish the jug, you bring it back and have it refilled for cheap!

Stumm’s Brauhaus im Neunkircher Wasserturm
Saarbrücker Str. 16,
66538 Neunkirchen
http://www.stumms-brauhaus.de

oh and then theres carlsburg urpils, but that stuff is freakin bitter, BITTER BEER FACE!!!

I like a good german beer, but i really love belgiam beers, look for Duvel, delirium tremens, westmalle, chimay (cinq cents), and if you can afford to order it, rochefort. if you like a strong beer go with a triple, if mot look for dubble. they range for a pint bottle in the alcoholic content of 7-10 percent by volume.

happy drinking;)

Fly it like you stole it