ACMESkydiver

Fitness Fanatics: July 18-24 Reports!

Yesterday I did my obligatory 30 minutes. 30 minutes on the elliptical, but that was it. I tried to start out with my high-rep, low-weight routine, but it became obvious right away that that was not going to happen.

Today I biked 13.62 miles. >PHEW!!< :oB| -Not all at once...I biked in to the local Target store the next town over, bought some snacks for my baby boys (and snagged a low-cal Yoplait smoothie and 90 calorie granola bites for me! Yummy, fuel for the ride back home! :)
I did buy myself a new bike...sorta. It was on Craig's list, and it was a mass-produced mountain bike that Target actually sells for about $85. I bought it for $30, and it's the nicest bike we have at the house now. :ph34r:

I really wanted that Giant bike, but I couldn't justify $400 on 'me' money at the moment when there are 10 people in our house. I scoured the ads trying to find a used Giant or Specialized, but they were few, and always gone when I called. :S>:( It will wait; this lil' mountain bike isn't so bad at all! :)
That's enough exercise for me today. I was really not thinking I was even going to make it one way at about mile 6, but I stuck it out and I'm glad that I did.

How are you all doing?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

My foot is feeling great - running recommences this week (on a light basis of course) I did some badass yoga yesterday and a great legs/back combo this morning.

Hope you enjoy the bike!

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

My foot is feeling great - running recommences this week (on a light basis of course) I did some badass yoga yesterday and a great legs/back combo this morning.

Hope you enjoy the bike!

:)

Glad your foot is better! Footie injuries just SUCK because you're always on them...:S mine still has not healed well since February, but that's my fault. I'm stubborn. B|:D
~Jaye

Oooo, not participated in this before but as I'm just getting in to my fitness I shall now do so!

Doing my 3 mile runs now no problem. Probably doing them 2 or 3 times a week. Found a good rhythm with my breathing and my legs aren't whats letting me down anymore its my cardio so I'm finding a good rhythm and just keeping my heart and lungs working hard at a good pace, seems to be working!

Been mountain biking the last couple of days which has been trail riding so mostly fast sprints followed by punishing hills. Nice bit of change of pace to vary the cardio training zones. I've worked in the aerobic and anaerobic zones so a good mix this week.

Now I'm going out for a gentle run to recover (if that makes sense) and burn off some of the shit from the BBQ last night :D

Just hope I can stay motivated.

On Friday I walked a mile to the bar to have a beer with a friend. Then I walked home.

Yesterday I walked to the airplane and then back in from the landing area. Then I did a few 12 oz curls.

Got on a scale the other day. I weigh less than I used to. 110 miles with a backpack eating dehydrated food for a month is way better than Jenny Craig.

Got on a scale the other day. I weigh less than I used to. 110 miles with a backpack eating dehydrated food for a month is way better than Jenny Craig.

WAAAYYYY more fun I'd bet, too! :D

Re: your walking to and from a bar -my girl friend wants to buy a bike so the two of us can bike around the lake in Seattle and stop and drink beer in the pubs along the route. We both LOVE beer, and we're trying to get in better shape. Sounds like an awesome plan to me! B|

I think of you every time I open my pantry. I have about 4 sleeves of 100 NDRC's. :D:D:D
~Jaye

Today was Crossfit's "Filthy Fifty"

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

just under 30 mins.
Lots of fun.. ;)

I'm still at 210 [:/].

I've cut back on the exercising a bit - I'm doing the isometrics every other day instead of every day. However, every time I go in back to make an equipment check, I do a pullup on the cable racks, regardless of whether it's an 'iso' day or not. When I was doing the iso exercises every day, I had a lot of muscle pain and would 'fade out' on the pullups later in the evening after the first couple.

I got my labs back form my lipid screen - all the liver enzymes are in normal range (AST couldn't be measured, but with everything else being good he wasn't worried about ding another lab). No change in my statin scrip - still 40mg pravachol once daily.

My total cholesterol is 127 (down from 178 at last check)
LDL is 75 (97 at last check)
HDL is 37 (41 at last check)(gotta work on that)
Triglycerides are 57 (159 at last check) B|

No crazy diets or anything like that - just trying to cut sugar and starches out of my diet. More salads and veggies, less bread and potatoes.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Today was Crossfit's "Filthy Fifty"

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

just under 30 mins.
Lots of fun.. ;)

YIKES. :|

But good for you! :ph34r:
~Jaye

I'm still at 210 [:/].

I've cut back on the exercising a bit - I'm doing the isometrics every other day instead of every day. However, every time I go in back to make an equipment check, I do a pullup on the cable racks, regardless of whether it's an 'iso' day or not. When I was doing the iso exercises every day, I had a lot of muscle pain and would 'fade out' on the pullups later in the evening after the first couple.

I got my labs back form my lipid screen - all the liver enzymes are in normal range (AST couldn't be measured, but with everything else being good he wasn't worried about ding another lab). No change in my statin scrip - still 40mg pravachol once daily.

My total cholesterol is 127 (down from 178 at last check)
LDL is 75 (97 at last check)
HDL is 37 (41 at last check)(gotta work on that)
Triglycerides are 57 (159 at last check) B|

No crazy diets or anything like that - just trying to cut sugar and starches out of my diet. More salads and veggies, less bread and potatoes.

HOORAY!!! :)
~Jaye

I am training for a Mt Rainier climb in September. I have been riding 40-50 miles a week on my bike and pack training 12-15 miles a week with a 45 pound pack. Today I started 80 stories of stairs a day in the building I work in and will increase that to 100 next Sunday. I will also increase the weight and miles with the pack next week. I am not loosing weight, but I am in better shape and feel stronger than I have in some time:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Happy day for the labs!!!

Yup, I'm very pleased!!

Weight will follow, you know that...

I just can't seem to get down under 210 for more than a day or so... bugging the shit outta me!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

congrats on the new bike! I think I will end up with one.......it is way less stress on the knee than trying to run, do the treadmill or the elliptical. Jaye, as you well know I am starting at ground zero....quite literally. I will be posting my rehab in this forum for a while....the goal is to be able to jump by Nov 1st. we will see what happens:D:D:D. Ortho is saying Jan 1st or 6 months post injury. For those of you who don't know, I totally obliterated the ACL in my right knee....along with a high grade MCL and Lateral Meniscus. This is actually good news compared to what the MRI showed which was ACL/MCL/Medial and Lateral Meniscus and the LCL. So that is a positive, that and they haven't had to cut my knee completely open with a big incision....all was done with a scope. I have the post op range back.....will keep you updated on the PT ect......

Congrats J...you are doing awesome!

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I worked out with Mr. Clean this weekend. Well, I did actually get up and go to the gym yesterday morning and did a hard 45 minutes of cardio, then I spent the rest of the day yesterday cleaning out my garage and my storage room, and part of my office. Today I cleaned and re-sealed the grout on all the tile in my bathroom (which is a lot - huge tub and all the tile around the sink), and then I took down and cleaned six mini-blinds (soak and scrub 'em individually in the tub, then re-hang to dry).

I'm not sure exactly why Mr. Clean took possession of my soul this weekend, but I figured I might as well take advantage of the burst of house project energy. It comes over me so rarely. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am training for a Mt Rainier climb in September. I have been riding 40-50 miles a week on my bike and pack training 12-15 miles a week with a 45 pound pack. Today I started 80 stories of stairs a day in the building I work in and will increase that to 100 next Sunday. I will also increase the weight and miles with the pack next week. I am not loosing weight, but I am in better shape and feel stronger than I have in some time:)

WOW! Well good luck on that climb, and my gyad my knees ache just reading all that you do already! :D:D:D
~Jaye

congrats on the new bike! I think I will end up with one.......it is way less stress on the knee than trying to run, do the treadmill or the elliptical. Jaye, as you well know I am starting at ground zero....quite literally. I will be posting my rehab in this forum for a while....

I love biking! It's tough and a great workout, but yeah my knees and ankles are happier to not have to deal with my entire body weight the whole time. B|

I am still looking for a seat (real bike-y peoples call that a 'saddle' :P) that is a good fit for me personally. I'm still a chub-chub girl, but I found out first hand that the soft, spongey cushy cruiser type seats get too hot and put too much pressure on the girlie parts to be comfy. :$ I got that advice when I was looking for a bike, but since nobody here knows my 'fluffy' body shape I figured I'd try every seat I can find to find one that works (we have 5 bikes here so one of them can always use a new seat. :P)

I want one of the kind that are split, but I need one that is wide enough to support my big ol' tushy until it gets smaller...:ph34r:

And YEAH! Post your rehab updates!! :)
~Jaye

I am still looking for a seat (real bike-y peoples call that a 'saddle' :P) that is a good fit for me personally. I'm still a chub-chub girl, but I found out first hand that the soft, spongey cushy cruiser type seats get too hot and put too much pressure on the girlie parts to be comfy. :$ I got that advice when I was looking for a bike, but since nobody here knows my 'fluffy' body shape I figured I'd try every seat I can find to find one that works (we have 5 bikes here so one of them can always use a new seat. :P)

I want one of the kind that are split, but I need one that is wide enough to support my big ol' tushy until it gets smaller...:ph34r:

The split seats are just a stupid fad. I did 13 hours yesterday on a high quality, non-split saddle, with very firm padding, and didn't even get sore. As long as the padding is firm enough, your weight will be supported by the two hip bones, and won't let you sink in far enough to put pressure on the soft parts.

Saddle angle is also important:
- If the saddle nose is tilted up too far, it will put pressure on the soft parts.
- If the saddle nose is tilted down too far, you will find yourself bracing you arms against the handlebars to keep from sliding off the front of the saddle.
The happy medium is somewhere in between.

The bones of the pelvis that support you on a saddle, tend to be wider-spaced in females than males. So you need to have a saddle that is wide enough in back to fully support them, such as the saddles that are designed specifically for women Also, some of the saddles intended for touring tend to be wider. Avoid the very narrow men's racing saddles.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

http://www.dim.com/~ryoder/echo_lake_2.png

Same final destination as a ride I did earlier, but a different route over the top of Lookout Mt. Turned out to be 10% longer, and 10% more climbing.

The last time, the weather dumped out and prevented me from summiting Mt Evans, (although I was so tired I was relieved). This time the weather was overcast, but otherwise fine, but I was so wiped out I couldn't even conceive of the idea of 3000' more climbing.[:/] Everything below 10,000 was stinking hot.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nice ride even if you didn't get to the top yet...that software kinda looks like JumpTrack for bike riding.

Thanks for the advice on the saddle -I'll look into that further as I really want to get that part right. ;)

~Jaye

Not much fitness for me lately. This weekend was pretty much the weekend from hell. Bad weather brought over half a dozen search-and-rescue cases, and I got all of 11 hours of sleep the whole weekend. Working out on that little sleep is dangerous and foolish. So I took today off as well, and tomorrow I'm going to get right back into it once I'm better rested. Unfortunately, for the next few months I think this is going to be pretty common. Summer's in full swing, which means idiotic Joe Boater is out there in force making sure I never get enough sleep. No sleep means no workout, so I bet I'm going to be curtailing my fitness habits a little bit in the near future. That's not to say I still won't try my best to make it work, but I can only put out so much effort.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I've silently been doing my own thing.... So far I've lost 15 lbs, and the first week of August I am starting a Beach Boot Camp for 6 weeks. 3 days a week of formation runs, and strength training at the beach. (I think I'm trying to kill myself). :ph34r:

Oh and CONGRATS!!!! B|

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?