virgin-burner

JUMP NUMBERS WEEKEND OF 23./24. of AUGUST!

:(:3:0

1 high open to work on canopy skills and chase a tandem
2 ff

Should have been more. We had a fly-in at our local airport and have always had a jump plane for the day. This year the guy forgot to tell his pilot about it and the pilot made other arrangements. So, no plane.:(
OK, that's my pissin'-n-moanin' for the day.[:/]
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

0:8:(a bunch... at least 6 and probably 7)

Did a beginners CRW camp hosted/run by John Hart and assisted by Travis Donley & Robin Heider at Start Skydiving.

and I learned so very much this weekend... you can't even imagine... lets see for firsts...

1st time jumping a 7 cell canopy. For the camp we were using Team Fastrax gear and either jumped with Crew lined Spectres or Storms (which is a really nice canopy) and up until now I had never jumped a 7 cell canopy... all my jumps have been on 9 cell canopies

1st time pinning... and being pinned...
1st time climbing down lines and across the front of someone's canopy.
1st time being landed in a two stack (Thank's John that was fun...)

and finally first 4 stack (Thanks to John, Travis and Derick, one of the other students...) and after building it one at a time we broke the 4-stack into 2-2 stacks then re built the two stacks.

this was by and large one of the most amazing and nerve racking weekends I've had in a long time of jumping (I am exhausted and sore from the 7 CRW jumps this weekend...)

My 8th jump this weekend was a tandem video since we were very swamped with tandems on Saturday and they needed me and several of the other CRW people to fill in on one of the jumps...

I was sad that my girlfriend was unable to get her 4-stack this weekend but the fact that she didn't get it wasn't her fault and we'll get it next weekend!!!

I also took a page from The book of matthewcline when I failed to fly my canopy properly while pinning John Hart on one of the jumps... and knew for certain that he would be/was very upset with me... and got away from him until after landing... giving him enough time to cool down and I also learned a valuble lesson about how to fly my canopy more effectively and efficiently when pinning the pilot!!!
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...