Tuna-Salad

Do you like the smell of jetfuel?

Whenever I smell jetfuel or hear a turbine startup I get all excited cause it reminds me of skydiving. :D

Pavlovian skydiver syndrome...

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

did you like it before skydiving?

Not jet fuel exactly but i have done a lot of fire spinning with various toys that burn paraffin, and that smells a lot like jet fuel. So i'd say one reminds me of the other, and i like them both. :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning! :)
It reminds of of being at the airport wth my Dad when I was growing up. He had his pilot's license and a Ercoupe (N99479 - how do I still remember that?? - I loved that plane) which he used to take us up in after school and on weekends. He also used to let us (my brothers and I) "fly". LOL.

So when I started going to the DZ, it brought back lots of great memories and now there's some awesome new ones!!!

PS - I told me Dad about the smell triggering the good memories, he just smiled. :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

used to get me sick during aff..

and now i'm getting all excited, breath in deeply, and know, i'm gonna roll soon!

always loved the sound of a turbine before that tough! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Not my favourite Cologne but it'll do.

Actually there are 2 smells in skydiving that are amazing and opposite ends of the nasal spectrum... JET A and the really fresh air at altitude

I'd add the smell of canopies to that as well. I love the part where i get to lie down on my canopy while packing and smell that fabric. Wow, that sounded way weirder than i meant :D

Actually there are 2 smells in skydiving that are amazing and opposite ends of the nasal spectrum... JET A and the really fresh air at altitude

Where on the spectrum would you put the outgasing that occurs on the way to altitude after a night of beer and tacos?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I'd add the smell of canopies to that as well. I love the part where i get to lie down on my canopy while packing and smell that fabric. Wow, that sounded way weirder than i meant :D

to add to the weirdness, i think that part of skydiving definitely has some sensual/sexual aspect to it. especially watching some hot skychick, doing it, sweating.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

:D:D You might like this then... :)

Brandy was a packer at Chris Martin's Precision tent at the WFFC 2004, between her and the other Brandy that packed there they had a BUNCH of guys in line waiting to get their rigs packed :D

Well, there's nothing much I like about packing. But yeah, for me the smell of nylon is the smell of skydiving :$. It's the smell you get opening up your rig bag when you arrive at the DZ in the morning, and it's really evocative. Also, the smell inside my full-face helmet is very distinctive. Although that could be because I've never washed the liner. :)

now that my friend, is just brutal..

i'd get my rig packed, walk back in line, and just pull the shit apart again.. stuff the jumping if i need all the money for the packers peepshow! :D:D:D

oh, and make a couple of step-throughs and what not.. :$

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

But yeah, for me the smell of nylon is the smell of skydiving :$. It's the smell you get opening up your rig bag when you arrive at the DZ in the morning

Absolutely!

Also, the smell inside my full-face helmet is very distinctive. Although that could be because I've never washed the liner. :)

Eeeeeew! :P