diablopilot

I need vacation ideas.

I could use a 10-12 day get away. Start on the 29th, not really interested in making it a skydiving trip.

Was thinking about an Amtrak rail pass as an idea.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you ever seen 100,000 bats fly out of a cave at sunset?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I could use a 10-12 day get away. Start on the 29th, not really interested in making it a skydiving trip.

Was thinking about an Amtrak rail pass as an idea.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you ever seen 100,000 bats fly out of a cave at sunset?

Yup...Carlsbad rocks!!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Caribbean :)

Jamaica. Where else can you go buck naked for a week while strangers have sex on a beach chair in broad daylight? That's what I hear. :o Disclaimer: I've never been to Hedo that's just what I think goes on after hearing stories from a friend who goes there regularly.

Are you part of a "couple"? If so, check out the Couples resorts in Jamaica. Couples Sans Souci, Couples Negril, Couples Swept Away and the refurbished/renamed Couples Tower Isle (formerly Couples Ocho Rios will open soon). They're nice resorts, reasonable priced, good food, good staff and just a great chill out/clear your mind place. And couples only - no kids, no singles. Whenever I get a new boyfriend I'm hitting Couples Negril!
Always be kinder than you feel.

If you're an outdoors type.

Camping in the Black Hills or if you want more of a challenge - Banff in Canada or Alaska

The leaves might be changing now on the East coast. A lazy week driving through New York, Penn. area would be nice.

If your mother is still active, take her on a trip somewhere nice. It's never a bad idea to spoil ones mother. :)
Iffen ya got a bike, tour the US on Route 66.

Anyone been to the Air Force Museum in Ohio?

I haven't, but I understand it's a great collection.I also need to see Mt. Rushmore someday.

For inexpensive travel, I like road trips with a tent and/or cheap motels. Take a cooler full of groceries, and you can travel real cheaply. I enjoy vacations. I especially enjoy cost-effective ones. :)

That's a reasonably popular time to go to Big Bend! The Basin camp sites will be pretty cool, but its not arctic cold.

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/weather_averages.htm

When you start really planning shoot me a PM and I can give you some tips and suggestions for stuff to do in the area. JohnRich can do so as well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You like to hike/camp?

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/

I've been twice, I can't wait to go again.

Do you know what Big Bend is like during the winter (Dec./Jan.)? We're taking a road trip to TX around that time and I'm thinking of camping around Big Bend for a couple of nights, but I've only been there in the summer.

I've been there in winter. Over the course of 4 days I saw both 70 and 30 degrees. I believe the more mild weather is standard with some cold fronts finding their way down there once in a while.
Killing threads since 2004.

Couples Swept Away and the refurbished/renamed Couples Tower Isle (formerly Couples Ocho Rios will open soon).

Couples Swept Away? Did the hurricane get it? ;)

Whenever I get a new boyfriend I'm hitting Couples Negril!

I'm kinda broke right now, can I go as your trophy/cabana boy? :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

That's a reasonably popular time to go to Big Bend! The Basin camp sites will be pretty cool, but its not arctic cold.

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/weather_averages.htm

When you start really planning shoot me a PM and I can give you some tips and suggestions for stuff to do in the area. JohnRich can do so as well.

Thanks (to FlyingJ too). I'll probably be making plans in the next month or so, so I'll shoot you a PM then.

And to JP: Yeah, Big Bend is a really cool place if you want to do some hiking or rafting..... Or Jamaica sounds good too (but you have to take me with you! :P)

I'm an outdoors type during the day. I like a bed and a hot shower.:)
Eat coast might be nice, I'm hoping not to do much driving.

Anyone been to the Air Force Museum in Ohio?

I have. It's pretty freakin big! My buddy and I got lost from the group for about 2hrs.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Whenever I get a new boyfriend I'm hitting Couples Negril!

I'm kinda broke right now, can I go as your trophy/cabana boy? :)

:PThat's why I dumped the last one. Paying for everything gets old (and bank account depleting) really quick!;)

Why do you think I'm broke? :P

Nothing to do with the boogie whorin', buyin' a canopy, and a motorcycle. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm kinda broke right now, can I go as your trophy/cabana boy?

Why do you think I'm broke? :P

Nothing to do with the boogie whorin', buyin' a canopy, and a motorcycle. :)
^
^
^
^

Ummmm........ because you said so? :P

There's women that would actually pay for the company of a nice, young man like yourself for a vacation "companion" you know!:o

Here's another place that isn't toooooooooo far from you:

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/riviera-cancun-mexico/cancun-overview.htm

I stayed there for 9 days last January and it was awesome! I can't wait to go back. Adults only, singles allowed. Very laid back. Great service, good food, beautiful grounds.

And from what I hear..... close enough for a day trip to Playa del Carmen for skydiving (IF you get the urge!).