Zoter

Wings Legstrap bungee

The loop on my Wings legstrap bungee is on the outside of the legstrap rather than the inside.

With the bungee attached it 'pulls' from the outsides of the legstraps which distorts them a little and also means the bungee is really tight across the backside.

I may be being a bit dim but is there a solution to this ?
.....other than lengthning the bungee ( it needs to be WAY long to have any slack in it....which kinda negates the reason its there doesnt it?)
Or
Just get loops sewn on the inside of the legstraps

Pics attached....

Yeah, that confused me when I got my Wings. I thought they must have sewed it wrong at first!

Fido's right, or at least I did the same thing. Route the shock cord through the tunnels, no problems. I don't know why it's like that though.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

yeah I did it myself......I was used to loops on my previous rig
( which were sewn to the inside of the legstrap)
so just routed it through these....

I'll route it thru the tunnel.....

But it still seems a bit wrong to me....the bungee will 'pull' on the outside edges of the 'tunnel' which will still distort the legstraps in position a bit and will still be tight across my fat ass....with the right length cord.....
If you use a longer cord.....then why bother with the cord at all....? the legstraps have too much range of movement then

If the loops are not used.....why are they there?
Anbody know...?

Run the bungy through the tunnels and tie off to the loops, the loops pull into the tunnels and become fairly hidden. I've never noticed any distortion with the tunnel on my rig, nor any discomfort and honestly I thought the design was really clean looking, much cleaner then some other rigs on the market. However, to each their own, right?:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I also took a while to ralise that there was a tunnel there :$ to put the loop through.

I thought about why they did it this way and the only reason that I could come up with was that it put the directional force cleanly on the stitching at all times thereby improving strength and longevity.

ANKIE??
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

I see......

I always avoided a single line of cord as opposed to doubling it up ( as in my pic) so that there was only one knot under tension.....not two
( one on each loop)

Tie a bowline knot on each loop. When this knot is pulled on it only gets tighter. After you've tied it pull everything back into the tunnels. It's hard to explain how to yie this knot if you don't know how to tie it. Sorry

I see......

I always avoided a single line of cord as opposed to doubling it up ( as in my pic) so that there was only one knot under tension.....not two
( one on each loop)

Tie a bowline knot on each loop. When this knot is pulled on it only gets tighter. After you've tied it pull everything back into the tunnels. It's hard to explain how to yie this knot if you don't know how to tie it. Sorry

I've tied mine with an overhand knot on each end and haven't had any problems (I did leave a bit of excess and tucked it in.)

Pic 1 - tie one side of bungee
Pic 2 - put it through first tunnel
Pic 3 - put it through second tunnel
Pic 4 - tie the other side of bungee
Pic 5 - hide knot in tunnel

I think, what is shown in the pictures you provided, is a pretty neat method. The end result is really 'clean' looking. It appears also, that method of tying the bungee cord, really hides knots and would give a more even tension. Too cool!

Chuck

Chuck

Yeah, that confused me when I got my Wings. I thought they must have sewed it wrong at first!

Fido's right, or at least I did the same thing. Route the shock cord through the tunnels, no problems. I don't know why it's like that though.

Gus

ya i thought the same thing!! Then i found out you just thread the bungee through the tunnel. I don't have any problems with my legstrap riding up anymore.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin